Spork in the road

Well, completely changed my entry. This is about as far as I think I’m going to go with him. Time to start something new.

9 Likes

Fantastic sculpting.
I guess this deserves some more tests with hdri, lights and Ambient occlusion to give more depth :wink:

1 Like

@knacki Yeah, it certainly could use a lot more of everything…lol. I think I just spent a bit too long staring at the same thing. Needed a bit of a break away from him. And then work kind of gave me no choice for a little while.

Finally got a little time to sketch something. Just a quick alien head for tonight.

12 Likes

Nice sculpt as always! :+1:t2:

Thanks Adam. Seems like you’ve been busy with a bunch of great sculpts lately.

Well, today was finally a slower day. Had a bit of time to work on a new sculpt. Yeah, another alien head again…lol. But I still had fun. A number of little things I want to add to it still, but who knows when I’ll get time.

Got some small things added today. Still loving the latest functionality of the tubes.

10 Likes

Looking good. :+1:t2:

Just a couple of heads. Nice to have some time with Nomad again.

9 Likes

Good to see your cool work again :vulcan_salute:

your work is fantastic, and thanks for your sharing and feedback so I read your whole post.

Thanks guys.

And a new head again. Still not a lot of time, but a few minutes here and there adds up after a while for a sculpt.

Was going to add in all the saliva and blood splatter with some meat hanging from the teeth, but maybe I’ll wait for a different one.

Could have also used an extra layer or two for the fur.

Another head, no color this time.

Working on a few other things, but Harry Potter was on the other day and I thought I’d make one of the goblin heads.

16 Likes

You are killing, man! So good!

Very nice work!

Thanks guys. Still plugging away at Nomad when I get time. It keeps getting updated and I’m behind on trying all the new stuff out.

Thought I’d add in a bit of a WIP for this one since it’s October. Trying to make my own Frankenstein. No color yet (except for the eyes since I like to have them in near the beginning sometimes while I’m sculpting the rest), though when I tried searching for the color from the book, she wrote him as yellow. So I’m likely going to go that route. On the other hand, she also never put in anything about bolts, so this will be a bit of a mix of things. Still putting in the stitches around the neck before I start on the cut and staples around the scalp.

I just wanted to see how the under lighting would look on him.

With a bit of color now that all of the stitches and staples are in.

14 Likes

Very interesting sculpt, I like the authenticity to Mary Shelly’s written depiction of FM. Brilliant.

Fun doodle that I ended up spending a bit more time with.

12 Likes

Well done. That’s very good.

Ha! Again fantastic work. I just wonder how many headsculpts you already done. Must be hundreds over the years. And this becomes visible in each work of yours.

Thanks again.

@knacki Easily somewhere in the higher hundreds at this point…lol. I know that I’ve already got over a hundred files just with Nomad so far. It takes time, but I’ll hopefully get better over the years. Still a lot that I’m still slowly trying to figure out.

Few more recent sculpts.

Didn’t finish up the hands and feet of this little guy, but never know when I’ll get back to him.

Another sculpt I started. Didn’t really like the head (or the style of horns) but work wasn’t sending me anywhere so I just kept going with a body for it.

And a couple of head sculpts.

10 Likes

Cool characters, as usual :slight_smile: The green guy rocks!

Great stuff! What do you do with all these cool concepts?
Printing pictures? 3D printing? Anything?
You could fill a huge exhibition!