ALIEN: Facehugger

My first complete, finished sculpt in Nomad, from October 2020.

At that point, Nomad had no lighting / post capabilities.

I’m still very new to digital sculpting and find little time with other commitments, but I’m hoping to devote more time going forward and being more active on this forum. :crossed_fingers:

I had planned to create an alien egg, as well, but the model has maxed put what my iPad Pro 2018 is capable off, and it crashes if I try to add to it, so I’ll have to wait until I get the new iPad Pro, 2021!

There are WIP shots / a breakdown on my Behance page here if of interest.

Cheers!

16 Likes

That looks f’ing gross!!
Well done! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It is gross! Thank you! :slight_smile:

This is awesome. I just downloaded Nomad a couple of days ago, and it’s the first 3D sculpt program I’ve tried using, but it’s been a lot of fun. Being able to create things like this is exactly what I’ve wanted to do. (Giger designed or not.) Thanks for the inspiration.

Disgustingly good, lol thats some crazy detail how many vertices is in the model?

Awesome First Sculpt!

Thank you very much - that’s very kind! Best of luck with Nomad - I find sculpting quite difficult in ZBrush so Nomad is such a gift.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m using a 2018 iPad Pro so there’s not a lot of RAM. This model I think was around 10million if I remember correctly - I literally couldn’t do anything else to it or the iPad crashed. :sweat_smile:

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Very nice sculpting! I can’t believe I didn’t notice this earlier. Look forward to seeing more of your work. :+1:t2:

Thanks, Adam! I really appreciate that. I’ve not been on here a lot over the last 6 months but I’m hoping to get more involved again soon.

1 Like