Spork in the road

1 Like

@knacki I’ve still got both versions on my laptop (which I can’t remember the last time I actually even opened since I got Nomad).

@stephomi That’s where I checked before. It lets me all the way into the WIP Sculptures section, but once I’m there, I can only click on what’s on that page. I can’t move to any additional pages afterwards (page 2, 3, 4, etc.). Looking at those dates, I still can’t believe it was that long ago…lol.

Excellent modeling. Texturing could use a bit of work. Sun damage, natural discoloration, etc. I’ve taken much macro photography on insects and by observation, there is always a bit of discoloration between plates. Dust and dirt collect everywhere, even in the smallest places. Take a look at electron microscopy as well. Some added micro fibers will also add to realism. Can’t wait to see more

Look’s fantastic! Now I feel the need to sculpt a spider lol, got to thank the developers for this amazing app! I’m hooked hahaha

@MiniwattStudio thanks. Most of these are what I tend to think of as 3D sketches/quick concepts though. There’s a lot that could be done to make them considerably better (and I’m quite certain that Nomad could get it done easily), but I’m mostly just too lazy and ready to move on to the next one. Every once in a while I spend a bit more time with a model. Most you can still see the clay brush strokes (they do get hidden somewhat by paint, sss, as well as a spray of an alpha texture for a quick and dirty detailing layer).

@Dathen yeah, this is still just a brilliant app. And just one developer which makes it even more so.

A few more fun heads.

The next one was similar to the first one with slightly different dimensions, but it started to look more like a baby monkey’s head. So, I’m just going with it. Not sure if I’ll spend the time to do all the fur though.

12 Likes

I’m like that myself lol, I tend to get to a point where I’m happy with what I’ve done and want to move on to the next challenge, I tell myself I want to really sculpt something that’s absolutely perfect but it’s just too much like work than lol, one of these days I will, really nice work though, I enjoy seeing all the different creations from everyone, it helps generate more ideas.

@Dathen I tend to think that not everything has to be a masterpiece. I just spew out random ideas. Sure, most are hardly worth the digital ink, but what I’m still attempting is to get out an idea quick enough that it actually resembles the idea I had in my mind. Sometimes it’s so fleeting that the details are lost before I even start and I just fill it in with what I’ve learned over the years and it just ends up wherever it ends up. Which is still its own category of fun as even I have no idea where things are headed sometimes.

Had some time to throw some paint on the previously mentioned monkey head. Not based on any monkeys that I know of. I kind of think it does need some hair though. So, maybe a strange hair style. Don’t know yet.

5 Likes

Great stuff collection!! there a lot of good creatures sculpted!.

@PVietto thanks.

Did spend some time adding in some hair. Could have spent more time adding in the super fine hairs, but oh well. Good enough for now.

And back to some Halloween fun again.

11 Likes

Marvellous creature and pumpkin :grimacing:

Thanks @Josepmy. I think Halloween should be a year round celebration.

Not a lot to show for the last few days, but here’s a few anyway.

9 Likes

Pumpkin is excellent! Love it!

Love the teeth :tooth: good work!

Very cool works rhe details are very nice i really love the purple guy

Thanks again guys.

Going to try spending a bit more time with this next one again. Started a quick head sketch last night. Decided to continue with a dwarf guy body with my spare time today. Pretty sure the legs and feet are going to be covered, so just kept some rough mass in that area. Wasn’t too sure how much, if any, of the upper body might be visible, so I did give a bit of form to some areas of the arms, etc. I think I’m going to do a quick front render and take him into procreate to do a sketch over and figure out where he’s going to go from here (basic blacksmith, full armor, cowboy, clown, I have no idea) before finishing the rest of the face and fingers.

Just finished a quick sketch over of the sculpt. Thought I’d go ahead and try the armor route. Still a lot will likely change, but it’s a good reference to get things started.

4 Likes

Haven’t forgotten about the previous sculpt, but haven’t done a lot with it either. Busy as always with other stuff, but still have Halloween being batted back and forth between my two remaining brain cells since I didn’t do as much as I wanted with it during October. So, some quick head ideas I thought I’d post.

Some fun heads from this weekend.

10 Likes

Only been a few days, but I thought I’d post these last couple anyway.

Kind of for the season.

And a teenage mutant ninja…tortoise (minus the mask or weapons).

18 Likes

Awesome, both of them. The turtle even feels next level.

Omg spork i love this turtle!

I agree 100%