Nomad Warrior

My first finished sculpt in Nomad. I wanted to try and learn this app and I have to say it did not disappoint me: I like how intuitive and responsive it is. No freezing, very stable. It was a real enjoyment to create this quite heavy character.
I exported as obj to Blender and did the shading, lighting and final rendering there.

For more images, please visit my Artstation page:
Nomad Warrior on Artstation

Uploading: Nomad_screenshots.jpg…

25 Likes

This is fantastic. I am quite sure you can achieve this kind of rendering inside Nomad as well, without seeing big differences.

2 Likes

Very nice, great detail and great subject. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Amazing model, congrats!

1 Like

Thank you, Knacki, I’m glad you like it.
The procedural shading I did in Blender is not possible in Nomad yet, but I will definitely try the rendering in Nomad too, it does look nice and I’m sure it will get more features.

Thank you, Adam, I appreciate it!

I’m very happy you like it, Josepmy. Thank you for your comment!

love the warrior!! great sculpt!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Scully!

You are absolutely right! There is nothing procedural in Nomad renderer.

But a stupid Matcap, I guess I draw it by myself, and some curvature settings are coming already very close. Well you know what I mean with close.
It’s not comparable in technique, everything is more sophisticated in your render, but the general look is good enough to make it hard to say what is done in Nomad or in blender……if you see it on a cellphone Instagram post without zooming :joy:
Some looks with matcaps, AO and curvature

:vulcan_salute:

Edit: why not rendering a Matcap in Blender and share this with us? :smiley: It’s a lovely look. I tried already hard to get close to your look - I am close and light years away….

1 Like

Nicely done indeed!

1 Like

Yes, I understand what you mean and looking at your work where you tried to create a bronze material I agree with you: it is quite close. I really admire the rendering capabilities in Nomad - it is definitely an area where the app exceeds ZBrsuh - and I am absolutely keen to experiment with it.
I will test how it looks if I save a matcap from Blender and apply it in Nomad. If it looks acceptable, then I will share it with you guys.

Thank you, Stéhpane, it’s an honour! I’m very happy you like it.
Thank you for developing for us the app! For me a dream came true: I always wished to be able to sculpt on my iPad (tried Forger, but somehow didn’t get a grasp on it). Nomad was very easy to pick up.

@knacki Yes, I understand what you mean and looking at your work where you tried to create a bronze material I agree with you: it is quite close. I really admire the rendering capabilities in Nomad - it is definitely an area where the app exceeds ZBrsuh - and I am absolutely keen to experiment with it.
I will test how it looks if I save a matcap from Blender and apply it in Nomad. If it looks acceptable, then I will share it with you guys.

1 Like

You can visit my thread “sculpted joy” to get a “look a like” Matcap with according post settings.
Not that super nice like we above, but real-time to sculpt with.

1 Like

Awesome sculpt! Bravo!

1 Like

Thank you, Genko3D, I appreciate your feedback.

Epic sculpt!

1 Like

Thank you, Pablo! Hopefully, soon I can post something new.