Using the Android Documents Folder rather than /Android/Data?

Can you please add an option to have files stored in the Android Documents folder (Something like /Documents/Nomad) rather than only allowing files within the scope of the app itself? Exporting and importing is not a solution, and in my personal case, accessing this folder when connected to a PC is not either. I want to use a 3rd party syncing service (OneSync) to sync my projects between my phone and tablet. As it stands, there is no way to do this without exporting a new copy and importing a new copy into Nomad EVERY single time. And past my specific use case, Android has this folder specifically for user documents to allow you to freely access them, so I really feel like this would benefit a lot of people.

Other than that, I absolutely love the app. I just want to be able to work on things across devices without so many roadblocks. I’m not asking for cloud syncing. Just allowing the user to choose to store their projects in the Android Documents folder rather than the Android Data folder. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hm, while I can understand the convenience:

On linux I simply use a script and make a sync/file transfer via ftp as soon as I am in my wifi. Is that not an option for you? just wondering… Windows and MacOS should support such stuff as well.

I suppose that’s an option, but I also work on stuff at work fairly often. It’s mainly for the convenience of not having to think of where I am or what device I’m using and just simply being able to work across devices. That FTP idea isn’t a bad idea though.

I do personally feel like using the Documents folder is a better solution overall for just general file management though. It’s very rare that document file management is less obfuscated in an iOS version of an app than in an Android version, though I understand why it happened in this instance. I just hope something can be adjusted to allow for this issue to be alleviated at least a bit.

Thanks for your response and that suggestion, my friend! :slight_smile:

1 Like