Use separate iOS/Android device as remote menu/toolbar/control surface

Hi. I’m new here so I apologize if this feature request has already been discussed. And I’m just brainstorming here. I don’t know how feasible this is or if I am the only person in the universe that would appreciate it. I did some searching and I can’t find any other apps that do this.

Nomad Sculpt does a great job of utilizing the limited screen space that it has but wouldn’t it be great if we could move something like the Tools menu off the screen and on to a separate device to free up screen space? Or a group of camera view buttons that can be quickly selected?

This isn’t the first app I thought this would be helpful with. I have always thought it would be nice to do the same thing in Procreate, such as move your frequently used brushes off to another tablet where you can always have them open and just quickly reach over to select a new brush.

This would not have been practical in the past, but with the preponderance of slower, older, and cheaper tablets and phones that people now have lying around I think this could be used by a large number of users, maybe even all of them. I would guess that almost everyone who has a tablet also at least has a smartphone that could be used as a separate control surface for frequently used tools.

Depending on the architecture of Nomad Sculpt, I wonder if this could be as “simple” as creating a WiFi endpoint that the remote app could use, and the endpoint would be just another source of user input. Lag wouldn’t matter much if the apps were just communicating button presses and states. And it might even be enough just to create the endpoint and publish the specifications so a third party could create the controller app.

What think ye?