Tube tool suggestions

1. Make each tube path node independently scalable. Perhaps with the gizmo.
  2. Give the tube the option of having a ball cap instead of just a flat cap.
  3. With a closed tube loop give the option of filling that loop so it becomes a flat object.
    Thanks!
4 Likes
  1. Make each tube path node independently scalable. Perhaps with the gizmo.
    Already being planned by @stephomi

2. Give the tube the option of having a ball cap instead of just a flat cap.
    I like this idea :+1:t2:

3. With a closed tube loop give the option of filling that loop so it becomes a flat object.
    You can alter it using lathe, and make it thinner using gizmo for now. But maybe @stephomi will add that feature.

Awesome suggestions!

Also, please provide an option to retain the width of the last tube. With snapping turned on for every point (great option, by the way!!) this tool is incredible for creating stringy hair that conforms to the underlying structure as you draw the tubes. I’m also using it to build muscle fibers, each time I lay down a new tube, however, I have to adjust its width… a small inconvenience for such an AWESOME, empowering tool!

Also - what if snapping was to remain active while you drag points around while editing - I would find that incredibly useful!

1 Like

Wow - your third suggestion would be amazing too!!

Ee… It’s already available

1 Like

The functionality I suggested is the fill function that is in the 3DCoat Curves tool. I hope that Nomad’s tube tool would adopt the same functions.
A lathed mesh is a radially symmetrical. Certainly it can be deformed by a nonuniform scale to be a bilaterally symmetrical mesh then trimmed to a flat nonsymmetrical mesh but I would likely make this mesh using a TriPlanar Prim. Then using masking and the gizmo bend the mesh.
Or of course create a bent mesh like a sphere and pant a mask on that and extract a new object from the mask.

Being able to fill a closed curve would be a faster way of creating nonflat nonsymmetrical meshes. A dragon’s outstretched wing for example. It may not be perfect but it would be a faster way to start a base mesh.

The Lathe tool is not the equivalent.

Ah I do had feeling it’s related with wing or something need to be bend. True it will a lot faster, that’s why I mentioned @stephomi so he read it. :laughing:

Ya been wondering will there be an option for rounded end in the tube tool. It will be useful for us to create capsules, fingers and even 3D typefaces

5 Likes

+1 for a rounded tube cap. Just realized this would help for a lot of different projects, like sculpting figures.

1 Like