Saw an older post and thought it was time for another check in.
I want to use m ipad as much as possible to make some simple game assets I can put into a packages, just props and stuff. Here are my thoughts after much experimentation:
- Create high poly sculpt in Nomad. Do all the things including vertex paint, etc.
- Use Cozyblanket to retopo, uv unwrap, and bake textures (seems to bake the textures well and the lite version looks to have everything I need and can export OBJ; I don’t want to spend $100 on the full)
- Import OBJ into blender so I can export mesh as FBX
- Package the FBX mesh and materials
- List on Unity and Unreal asset stores
I think that would give me a low poly mesh with textures and a normal map to create some good looking models. Thoughts on that?
I’d need to learn how to import my models into untiy and unreal to test, haven’t done that before.