Spork in the road

I’m liking this character! :+1:t2:

Will be nice to see sculpts rendered in Nomad soon (hopefully) with Light/shadow and post process effects. :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Thanks Adam. Pretty much any update will be awesome to play around with, but some rendering options with actual shadows will make a lot of everyone’s sculpts come to life a bit more.

As for the little goblin, I’m still not sure what I’m doing with him. I’ve tried a sci-fi helmet, a tank top with shorts, tribal paint, and even thought about putting a diaper on him with a little teddy bear. I’ve considered him being a pirate, a cowboy, etc. So far nothing seems to fit (though I’m sure any one of those would have turned out interesting enough). I did add in the nails/claws and a few veins for him, so there is a small update.

And I’m likely biting off more than I can chew, but I’ve never done a real vehicle either. Thought it might be fun to try. So I started this morning with what I thought might be the first step, the tire. Took a little while, but I don’t think it came out too bad.

6 Likes

Well, my son thought he should be a police man. So here’s officer Smith of the Fairy Tale Police Department, Mounted Pigeon Division. Still missing a number of things (the rest of the tie, shoulder badges, chin strap, everything that goes on the belt, etc.), but I’ll get to them eventually.

5 Likes

He certainly needed the tactical spell potions, but if I don’t stop now I’ll keep adding more and more things. So, I’ll call him done for now and move on to something different.

9 Likes

Very cool!

amazing creation🦟!!!

1 Like

Thanks Carl and Sana.

And this is a quick sketch for the season. Was going for a chubby little elf. Originally, it was just going to be left as is. But, looking at him, I was thinking he really needed eyebrows. Since I’m not that great at sculpting in hair, and I don’t think putting in every single hair is all that practical of a solution, I was wondering what a slightly hybrid approach would look like. So that’s what I’m going to attempt.

Well, it’s not ideal, but it does break up the edges a little. Added a bit of color to the face as well. Still have to get some work done on the eyes.

Not the best eyes, but considering how small they will be when he’s done, it shouldn’t detract too much overall. Now to consider who this elf is going to be.

9 Likes

Could have added a lot more again, but I wanted to do something different. Figured this would be an elf on Dec. 26th. Taking Mrs. elf to the beach.

Started on the base for some kind of predator quadruped. Just merged a bunch of primitives together and smoothed it out. Still wish I could do hair, but I’ll likely go with something a bit more to the strengths of Nomad. Maybe something reptilian.

9 Likes

I did a rough head for the quadruped, but that’s about as far as I got with it. Even less time today, but I did get in a fun head sketch while my son played a bit of LEGO Star Wars.

Finished The Mandalorian recently. Thinking of what some random background alien would look like. Though just about any kind of alien would fit.

13 Likes

I’m digging that Orc head. Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks dalderner. Sometimes you never know what will come out. Kind of like today.

Something a bit different came out for the sculpt today. Used a bit of an amorphous blob, kind of like staring at the clouds. Thought I saw a cartoonish head and just went with it. Going for a claymation style baby ostrich.

11 Likes

That’s a fun character :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks Dave. If I had the time, I think it would be fun to do a funny looking walk cycle for him.

Used a quick head and tried a couple of different ways to sculpt in hair since I’m not too great there. The goatee was just pulled out and sculpted over. I guess if I spent more time it could probably come out much better, but I’m always trying to find a lazier way to get things done. Using a bunch of spheres came out a lot better for the side. Not great, but still a lot better for the time.

11 Likes

Some really nice sculpting work! :+1:t2:

Liking the alien background design! :grinning:

Thanks Adam. Was a fun little show to watch. Too few episodes though.

Been putting this off for a little while now, but I started on it the day before yesterday. Like most, was a bit busy yesterday, so didn’t get anything done. Figured I’d need a set of teeth eventually. Kept them as a fairly basic base that should be able to be changed as necessary.

Used thispersondoesnotexist.com for a reference in creating a woman’s head for this one.

6 Likes

Nice set of chompers! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks again Adam. Haven’t needed to use them just yet.

Bunch of unfinished stuff for now. Been having fun playing around with the clay brush to make some quick sketches recently.

24 Likes

Nice work man! These are what my “human” sculpts usually end up look like :slight_smile:

1 Like

Impressive!

Amazing work. I have to ask how are you achieving that skin texture you have on the ork? Are you using alphas? And if so how and with what brush. I’m really struggling with that and could use some advice.