Some Nomad doodles

I think that with 4go (including 3 allocated to nomad if there is only him open) it is already very good for a mobile application like that. I think that with time and experience we will get used to coming out of models that are well balanced in terms of polygons and layers and save ram. I often have fun doing crash tests and it is already going a long way. after if one day we have the chance to be able to work with uv textured paint etc … we can be able to use models with a lot of less polygons and therefore less memories there is just that it will be necessary to choose well with which type of file format to choose and a maximum size so as not to take up all the memory. I think it’s really possible

Meanwhile me with 3gb ram :joy:

This is te reason than made I changed my iPad for a Tab s7 with 8GB Ram.

1 Like

Hard surface project on Nomad :smile:

44 Likes

RPReplay_Final1616237922.mov - Google Drive turntable video.

1 Like

Woua, this is impressive!

1 Like

Thanks! While i was doing it and juggled with bunch of pieces. I thought it would be nice if you could select multiple objects from viewport when you want to move them as a group. Yes you can do this at scene palette, but that kinda requires you to be very well organized person to add names to your objects etc. It would be intuitive to just do that in viewport. Similar way you can mask connected objects with one click if those objects are in your current selection. This probably would require some add to selection mode or something similar. Just wanted to share this workflow related improvement idea. Might be a low hanging fruit. Cheers!

Did you know you could select multiple objects by holding the Smooth shortcut?
Then with the Gizmo you can translate them.

Also if you your object have several disconnected parts, just selecting the mask tool and taping a part will automatically mask/unmask. This feature is only effective if the object has multiple disconnected parts.

However with the second method, transform will be slower because it will move the vertices instead of the whole object.

2 Likes

Didn´t know that! This is the exact thing i was looking for Thanks! :smile:

Also, not sure if it’s a well known feature but in the scene menu, you can drag your finger on the checkboxes to quickly select objects. No need to tap each checkboxes independently.

Didn´t know that either but wouldn´t help in this case since scene tree was bit unorganized. Had to just name all leg pieces and merge those together. Selecting them from viewport would have been easier thing. Thanks, learned some new tricks for the next project.

Wow very nice!

Fu** this is bad ass. Is it pure Nomad or kitbashing?
Thought my little robot would have been already cool, but this is next, next level:smile: :vulcan_salute:

Serious great stuff!

That’s rad!

You need to build something more awesome, and me I will take popcorn and watch. :smile:

@sinis Awesome build. I need to practice harder. :star_struck:

it does not work.

Exemple please ?

It works. Hold smooth and tap on object. But it does not always work at once on first tap.

1 Like

Nice design and execution!

it´s pure nomad, just wanted to test how far i can take hardsurface build with standard tools.

1 Like

Speechlessness