Sculpts in Nomad instead of Zbrush (HULK)

Wow, this is a great app. I was using Forger for a while but Nomad has totally past it in many ways. With easy texturing and lighting setup in Nomad, I’m finding it better to work in than Zbrush. Easy interface and tools. Loving it!!

20 Likes

The hair is very nice!

2 Likes

Thanks, mate :+1:

Sculpting and texturing pretty impressive too!

2 Likes

Welcome, the better Nomad becomes, the better the art posted here!

2 Likes

Thank you. I really love how we can paint spec on our sculpts. Such a nice treat to be able to work this way. Having lighting and shadows while sculpting really heaps towards developing the look and feel. Zbrush is bland for this workflow and you have to output your maps to see them rendered in another app.
Nomad is fun and easy.
This sounds like a sales pitch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Wonderful models!

1 Like

Thanks Buddy :grin:

superbe ! comment tu as fait pour les cheveux ?

1 Like

J’ai fait une mèche de cheveux low poly plane puis je l’ai dupliqué pour faire un patch de cheveux. Puis couvert la tête avec eux.

1 Like

Really impressive work. How was the hair achieved?

1 Like

Thanks.
I made a very low poly hair strand and duplicated it enough times to make a clump then cloned and placed them over the head.
A subsurface material seems to give a softer look to the hair.

1 Like

Good to know for the sss mat for the hair,nice job!

1 Like

Aside from the technical skill in the things you’ve mentioned and the hair creation, I think we have to give some comment to the great life evident in these creations.

You have a really good eye I think.
Have you been sculpting long?

The top-hat character , is he your creation? Many things are nice about it. Great caricature look (if it’s fair to say this?), The bow-tie modelling is great and the texture I find subtle and appropriate. When you look around the model you keep being drawn to different parts, to me this shows attention to detail in the different parts.

Do you have a channel or a page anywhere?

Hey mate, thanks for the kind words. This is my initial sketch of the character I used for reference on that sculpt. Been sculpting for a number of years now, mostly organic characters not so much hard surface models. I have an Instagram account. @andych56

3 Likes

Very nice sketch!

1 Like