Pose it 2.0 - very cool!

Has anyone tried importing MagicPoser files into Nomad Sculpt on ios ipad lately? Does it work?

Magic Possr exports in OBJ format = it should work.

At least the mesh, texture can be a problem sometimes.
But I don’t have Magic Poser to test it.

1 Like

Magic poser to Nomad work works just fine.

I don’t understand why everyone uses Poseit or such posing apps, it actually works much better directly with Nomad Sculpt and the meshes are much better. This horse, for example, can be posed completely in Nomad, so every part is movable.

2 Likes

I use Magic Poser because it’s much faster and finicky to get to a specific pose. It also ends up looking a bit less stiff, but I also use hierarchy in Nomad to pose split models. No reason to just use one method.

If you want to use the meshes from e.g. Poseit in Nomad, then I see a few big disadvantages compared to a perfect hierarchy object.
The meshes made of posit are only wooden dolls with large holes and no seamless objects.
And you have no instances or symmetry on the arms and legs. With a nice hierarchy posed mesh you have to sculpt only e.g. one arm / hand / leg, because symmetry works also in pose on the instances.

1 Like

Makes no sense to discuss.
Everyone has his favs. All are different.

I like PoseIt as it has some more kinematic options, but if a PC is avaiable, I would never use one of those apps. Wether PoseIt, nor Nomad.
I would use some autorigger or do some quick rigging and always would pose after with decent inverse kinematic.
Or even throw Motion Capture data on it and snapshot geometry if I really want to sculpt for “just” one pose.
I am more an animator, than a sculptor. Sculpting in non mirrored poses is a waste of time for me anyway.

But, I love to explore options. Even though iPad is a time trap for me not bringing me income, it is getting better every year. And PoseIt is fun! More than Nomad for posing. Creating hierarchy in Nomad is nice, but needs way to long compared to apps which are made for it. The mesh will be remeshed anyway. If it is in 3ds max, or zBrush. But definitely not in Cozy blanket as it is just too expensive to not be able to do everything on ipad.

It is all about options, Holger.

1 Like

I do exactly the same. With some slight visible seams.

I don’t personally see a reason to jump apps either if the seams are not gone.

If you do want seamless might I suggest Daz3D. It works quite well and no seams.

That will have to do till rigging/posing comes :slight_smile: