Soon ArmorPaint

Soon a substance painter competitor on ipados :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Now we really need a way to uv unwrap models on the iPad.

1 Like

yes it’s on more than i like, it will only miss an application ik fk, alle i dream blender ipados and i will never leave my ipad :star_struck: :+1:

and before unwrap, a good retopo tool or maybe like quadremesh and a bake of the HD mesh

Ooo, how soon is “soon”?

Already on Android play Store :smiley:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.armorpaint

1 Like

A 3d paid app on Android, not an IAP, that’s not common.

1 Like

Oula, that looks heavy too.

Now available for IOS.

2 Likes

Just tried using it. Imported my Gargoyle sculpt in for a play around. Works fine. My head’s now exploding. Very technical software. Runs a bit clunky with a sculpt this size for some bits, but for a small to medium model, can see this working out quite well. Think I’ve just found a new addition to my pipeline. Tutorials, tutorials, time to hunt tutorials. Nomad & Armorpaint. Now here’s some happy bedfellows.

ArmorPaint is running very unresponsive for me on my M1 iPad pro.

It’s working OK for me, using an M1 as well.

The buttons take a few seconds at times to response and pinch and zoom is not fun. Rotating and moving the model is ok. Also there doesn’t seem like you can turn off paint with finger. Hopefully this is just a first release issue but it’s not usable as is for me.

1 Like

I agree, moving the model is a bit weird. Everything is responsive enough my end until I hit a few grey areas where it’ll just take ages but that’ll be down to the model I imported in. Haven’t explored too much of the UI yet, my head’s a bit fried trying to understand it all. Definitely going to be something I will slowly ease myself into with learning. First release always has teething issues, but this seems like some very robust texturing software.

1 Like

I look forward to her as you sometimes wait for her McDonald’s order and then when she arrives you realize that a lot of stuff is missing or worse, we put you some fish lol. So I only used it for an hour yesterday and what I can say with regret (for now) is that it is not suitable for a tablet that it needs to be optimized as soon as possible. And so we need tutorials, it’s really not intuitive. I thought that with my little experience on Substance Painter it would have helped me but no. Even painting the simple cube was a hassle. Positive point but too random is that like in Substance Painter you can import an object without UV’s and Armorpaint will calculate them, badly but it will do it lol. So we will try to be patient but the fact that the application is not intuitive risks losing interest. I remind you that it is one of the greatest qualities of Nomad is to be mastered a minimum after 15 minutes.

3 Likes

The problem for me with ArmorPaint is that basic navigation in the view port and the menu is so laggy that I can’t use the app. It this just an IPad problem or is that how it works on windows as well?

I had tried an old version under windows and it was already like that. The problem here is that the application was not designed for a tablet / iPad unlike Nomad

1 Like

ArmorPaint is definitely software for more seasoned 3D designers, Nomad is intuitive enough for people without experience in this field to get into, and gets you into the grounding, base principles. Anything involving actively baking UV co-ordinates and node authoring is for the more well-experienced. I already can think of a ton of people I know who use Nomad well, but will have their mind melted by this. Basically between ArmorPaint and Nomad a portable desktop-style mini suite is possible between the two. Sort of, closer than it’s ever been for iPad use. ArmorPaint is dealing with a far more complex texturing side. Even has scripting. I think once a good workflow is gradually established with the two, some thorough results will come down the line for creative work. An app dedicated to just rendering hopefully next lol. Do agree though, could probably do with a couple of patch ups first - and tutorials.

1 Like

I have used enough 3D software in 25 years to say that armor paint is absolutely not easy even for me who in general is doing lol. I have not yet fully understood the subject, I will see the potential of this app today.

2 Likes

so I uninstall armorpaint I ask for a refund, ok there may be bugs but the application is definitely too far from being finished for an Ipad, not only this bug is not at all intuitive and in addition there is has bugs which have for the first time since I have an ipad, that is to say the extinction of my ipad with strange colors in the screen. it’s sad because it could become a reference application but it ruined everything.

2 Likes