Nomad Sculpt on the Nintendo Switch. Food for thought

Not as crazy as it would sound. Switch hardware could run it perfectly, touch screen controls are already there, be quite fun mapping functions to the buttons and using it to help interface. Essentially would work as a game. It’s also an area of profit, kids would have a play around, download it - and it’s not competing anywhere near other sculpting or 3d packages or on their territory. Essentially, it’s a perfect app to port onto one day possibly for a third store without competition from related software. Switch has 4gb of RAM to tap into, would essentially run like android. Resolutions wouldn’t need too much toning down, 720p in hand held 1024 in dock. Add some bells and whistles for the younger crowd, sound effects for tools, ability to share renders with friends etc etc. Just splurging out a thought. UI would need some treatment so its friendlier on a smaller screen, but on a TV would look pretty damn nice as it already is.

The developer so far denied to go for Windows or OS as it’s too much work to keep all up to date. Even Android sounds to be a niche compared to IOS sells……………

2 Likes

That’s why Nintendo’s store makes sense, android will be niche because its over saturated well beyond Nintendo’s, and Windows has competition from Blender and ZBrush. Its food for thought only - personally I think it’d sell better because it’d be under the Misc. content, and that part of Nintendo’s market is under saturated, begging for more software-apps to fill it. It’d be easier to find, and pretty fun. Plus create-your-own experiences on Nintendo are burgeoning since Animal Crossing success.

That’s not how it works. There is almost no 3d app on Android, the issue is simply that Android can’t compete on the tablet market, iPad is simply far superior in almost any aspect.

A Nomad console port will never happen, Nomad is too technical.
Something like “dreams” could make sense (game making, etc).

2 Likes

Fair enough man, I did think a hypothetical straight up port would need be toned down a bit etc. but something similar on a console like the Switch would be nifty! Dreams is fun, it did inspire my thoughts for this post to be honest lol.

John, please don’t distract our leader from making a better dynamic remesher and rigging features. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oi! What you doin’ here!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nice to see your presence my friend!

Just slipping in my requests without formally making a request lol! There’s some great work on this site that we’re not seeing on the Facebook group. Glad I checked out this forum

1 Like

Welcome to the big boy club brother! :rofl: :joy:

1 Like