Nomad for pc?

Hi, I have been using sculptris and blender for sculpting but nomad sculpt is a better tool , would love to see a desktop version as there aren’t any good sculpting software . zbrush and mudbox are too complex for begineers😅…

11 Likes

Agreed. Would love to sit at my big huion tablet and use Nomad Sculpt.

3 Likes

Seems this won’t happen anytime soon, although I’d gladly purchase it for twice the price even. Nomad is such an easy sculpting medium and trying Z-brush and Blender sculpt just makes me frustrated after getting such crazy results with Nomad.

Hopefully one day Mr.S will release it for us, as I myself have already created several assets for my game in Nomad. It’s a great tool and I wish I could use it on a device with more power!

3 Likes

We can currently use the web demo on the pc, so maybe we could have a login for existing customers allowing full use of Nomad through the browser? Stephane obviously doesn’t want to create any further work for himself, so I’d think a separate PC app is not going to happen.

1 Like

so apparently huion supports android devices and will mirro your phone.
Im curious if anyone has tried this with nomad?

I might order a tablet and try this within the return policy period

(post deleted by author)

sorry if my english is not good… i mean "why is Nomad company so " Done " not dum*… that’s what i mean… and i mean if a PC user who doesn’t have money like me, not a “poor” PC user "… I’ll try to buy the PC version… I’ll be looking for money… looking for money to buy… that’s what I mean… (I use English from Google Translate) I hope you can understand what I mean…

1 Like

Can we use WSL or Android Emulation to get this to work on Windows? If I use the Amazon App Store with a side-load, will this theoretically work in Windows?

I use BlueStacks on Windows 11, and it works fine, but you’re a little limited by the fact you’re working within the confines of a virtual Android device. A native desktop version hopefully won’t have the same limitations.

@stephomi told me that he’s releasing a desktop version in March or later this year.

You can technically already get a desktop experience with Nomad Sculpt by using Samsung DeX, and you can even use a medium-sized pen display like the XP-Pen Artist 16 2nd Gen, which supports Android.

1 Like

That would be awesome! :+1:t2:. I would love to be able to install Nomad Sculpt onto my Mac Mini via the Mac App Store. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

They definitely should. It would be a great way for Nomad to bite back at other competing companies planning to release their own sculpting apps. I would use nomad almost exclusively if it were on PC as well.

I’m literally in the process of building a PC specifically for Nomad. Clearly, if Nomad doesn’t arrive soon, it’ll still have its uses (Blender, and other apps should be fine with 96GB of RAM, 16 cores, 32 threads, and a beefy GPU, too!!), but my heart hungers for some desktop Nomad.

OMG… 96GB of Ram… never saw any desktop would have a use for it…However, RAM is cheap, so why not. Hope you go with Linux as well?

Just wondering: what you mean by “beefy GPU”…

I’ve got an RTX 4070 Super standing in, until the GPU market refreshes in a few months. For the RAM, I actually wanted to go with a 256GB kit, but I’m gonna save that for a later build. (There’s no guarantee Nomad will scale that high, but some other apps can, as far as I know.)

1 Like

Somehow I’m just seeing the mention of Linux. I’m considering a dual boot scenario, simply because Microsoft has burned a lot of good will (for me) by attempting to force their customers into using things they don’t necessarily want, but I’m not sure how Nvidia’s recent drivers behave on Linux. I’m not locked in on a GPU vendor at the moment, and AMDs drivers seem more than fine on Linux, but I don’t have one of their GPUs on hand to test.

I’m sure that nomad will run pretty well on a 256GB RAM machine…

Linux + Nvidia for normal desktop setups works absolutely fine- why it shouldn’t? Worst case, patches have to be applied - but that’s for brand new hardware, kernels, and of course the “I tweak the last bit of possible”-department. Typically, the problem sits in front of the desk - but as you make quite costly, specific, and unconventional investments, there hopefully should be enough confidence behind.

Nvidia + Wayland still is a hack, but why should that be of any significance here.

Same for Nomad - Stephane announced a Windows port, nothing about Linux - but I’m still hoping.