I started using “Nomad Sculpt” last year, and since then I always wondered if I could use it on PC. After a long time of sending files to my tablet and then to my PC again, or re-trying to use “Zbrush” with his insane subscription and getting annoyed at the controls, today I decided to try and find a way on how to install Nomad Sculpt on PC and… I did find it and trust me it works wonders. (My PC is running Windows 11 latest version)
Basically, all you do is:
- Make sure to enable “Virtualisation” - For this search on google your motherboard’s name and how to do it - To be more specific search for: How to enable in my bios the setting Virtualisation in “motherboard’s name” (ex: Gigabyte’s motherboard) - then follow the video and make sure to save it in the bios. -
1.0 - To go to your BIOS - Windows Key → Search for: “Change advanced start-up options” → Restart Now (your pc will shut down therefore save this page or just follow the steps in your phone.) → Once there select: Troubleshoot → Advanced Options → UEFI Firmware Settings → Restart.
(If a bit confusing, video for the bios: How To Access BIOS Settings From Windows 11 [Any Computer] - YouTube)
1.1 - Your PC will restart automatically after switching and saving the virtualisation setting on your bios and to confirm that it is activated, once in the desktop - Press: “Ctrl+Shift+ESC” → Task Manager will appear, go to “Performance” → “CPU” and then look under “Logical Processors” → There should be: “Virtualisation: Enabled”.
- Open “Microsoft Store” and search for → WSATools → Install it.
(If you can’t find “Microsoft Store” just press: Windows Key + R → then copy & paste this without the quotes: “ms-windows-store:” → It will launch “Microsoft Store”)
2.1 - It will say to install “Windows Subsystem for Android”, just say yes, and say yes as well for Amazon App Store (you don’t need to launch Amazon App Store at any point).
2.2 - When the installation is finished - Press Windows Key and search for: “Windows Subsystem for Android” & Launch It → Once opened go to → Developer → Developer Mode: ON.
- Then launch WSATools for the first time. (either in the “Microsoft Store Library” or pressing the “Windows Key” and searching for “WSATools”)
- When opened it will say to install “ADB” → Agree and install it on your “C:” Disk. (Personally, I created a folder for it specifically in the “C:” Disk.)
- Then go to “APKPure.com” → Search for “Nomad Sculpt” and then download the APK.
- In WSATools now select “Install APK” and go to where you save the - Nomad Sculpt’s APK → Select it and after that, a pop-up should appear → allow it and press not to appear again and voila! - Everything should be alright and tidy.
- Either press down there to open the app now or Windows Key → Search: Nomad Sculpt → Open It and done.
Extra: In case you want the Icon’s Executer just: Search Nomad’s Sculpt once pressing the Window’s Key → Right Click on it → Select “Open File Location” → Right-Click on the icon → “Show More Options” → “Send To: → Desktop” – Done.
In case of Errors:
– On the first instalment of the WSATools I was having a constant error that was saying that the ADB wasn’t being found or something – Solution: open → “Windows Subsystem for Android” → go to “Developer” → “Manage Developer Settings” (underneath the developer thingy.) → Up there in the right corner, press it and search for “Revoke USB debugging authorisations” → Press it and press “Ok”. After that Uninstall all of it and make sure to delete the ADB Folder → After that you should be fine. If not just repeat the process, it took me 3 times to be able to finally achieve it.
With this WSATool you can install any APK on your machine.