No Curvature

Curvature not displaying on old and new scenes. Nomad 1.54 on iPad.

The fix for that is on the pending change log so think it’s a new issue that Stephane is aware of.

1 Like

Forgot to check. Thanks for letting me know. :+1:t2:

no problem

Fuck all my projects are broke. I had to deliver something to a client tomorrow. Is there a way to go back a version?. I use the curvature big time for my toon work :(.

I don’t think there is a way to go back. Only Stéphane can answer that.
But there is a trick you can do that can half fake a black outline.

1. You have to duplicate your object or objects and colour them black with roughness on full to the right.
  2. Create a layer on the black object and zoom out so that your inflate brush covers over the whole object. Set inflate intensity low and centre brush as close to the centre of the object and press slightly to only give a slight inflate. This is why you create a layer to control the strength of the inflate.
  3. In the materials setting for the duplicate object you will want inverse culling ticked at the bottom of the panel.
  4. Now use the scale gizmo to slightly scale up the model to create a black outline on the duplicate object/s.

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just used the method I mentioned on my Orko model. It took about ten minutes. I duplicated each model part that was needed and put a B in the name to keep track.

Best to do the inflating of the model before selecting inverse culling or it can inflate funny.

1 Like

Thanks Adam. That’s a good backup for next time. Unfortunately I ran out of time and this happened last minute… I have 3 projects and they are all high poly I can’t afford adding dupes in the scene without doing reduction. Not possible for tomorrow morning. :(. Ah well.

Thanks for taking the time to write the detailed instructions I’ll keep that in my back pocket next time if I use nomad for client work again. Cheers.

Sorry you ran out of time. Auto updates can really screw things up. I’ve had the same type of issue with an old art app a few years ago.

It’s best to wait a week after the latest update when you can see any bug reports in the forum.
Unfortunately role back of software on an iPad isn’t like working on a PC. :slightly_smiling_face:

Shit - please don’t forget to switch of auto update. It’s a complete mess to watch for updates and install them manually, but a must if you use the iPad commercial with tight deadlines.