My first quick test with iPad Pro 2020

So much detail and loads of memory left. Will do some better stuff at first opportunity.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know the ram spec for the 2020 model?

I think it also has the lidar scanner…would be fun to mess around with some photogrammetry! :nerd_face:

All 2020 iPad Pro variants have 6GB RAM. On the 2018 iPad Pro, only the 1TB model had 6GB.

1 Like

Yeah that was correct. 6 gig of ram and the lidar is interesting though I think it’s being discontinued on the 2021 model, or maybe being replaced with something else.

2 Likes

But this bust isn‘t a challenge, isn‘t it?
What is the polygon number? Did you made some tests till Nomad crashes?
On my iPad Pro 10,5“ 4GB Ram I am limited to subdiv around 2,9 million per objects.
Around 10 million scene polys are possible.

2 Likes

thanks for the information, I didn’t know that we could have several objects with a high polygon density and exceed the critical threshold of 4 million polygons (in my case) so I’m going to try to combine two big projects in one for see if it works.

It seems to be depending on object. I could subdivide a sphere up to 6,3 million and duplicate it once.
Nomad slows down a bit, but no crash so far. But a delay makes sculpting not that much fun anymore.
Anyway, switching smooth shading off and switch to Matcap plus zooming in a bit, makes sculpting smooth again.

It would be interesting to check different devices to their limits and list that in one thread.

1 Like

Why not, I love testing applications and hardware :slight_smile: I follow you.