Maxon’s Acquirement of forger - Topical Debate

Morning Genko. I’m sure there’s some interesting points there, but given your last tantric outburst, there’s little to no point in responding directly to the specific content but only to address yourself. Your input simply isn’t that healthy or makes any sense. Whether you’re President tomorrow or dying from COVID on a ventilator makes zero difference to my personal and professional life, so your opinion equally carries very little weight other than a source of genuine if not absurd, amusement.

You’re welcome to confusedly ramble away at me without any future direct correspondence if this angers you. Feel free if it helps manage your social temper problems. Fill the thread until you’re at peace.

Fortunately you’re not that important to me to divulge anymore of my time on other than crafting a final response.

Take care and I do wish you all the best creatively. I will actively ignore future posts from yourself which is beneficiary and hopefully a mutual action we can both agree on from this point moving forward. It’s not hard for me to do as you’ll now see. User ignore is a useful feature.

Good luck. As you said, be happy, go and create. Probably need the practice.

I don’t understand the point of this thread.

All I see is debate based on speculation of future possibilities which, in this case, seems like an awful waste of time.

Hi RogerRoger, thank you for some sane input. The original thread was really to identify if maxon’s acquirement of forger could possibly lay down a rocky path for Nomad’s future development, because of who Maxon are on a corporate level. Community input helps projects like this evolve. Generally speaking from the input so far, forger’s acquirement isn’t an issue because of how bad the software is. If that’s the longer term case, ideal. It’s a community resolve. My over all opinion remains largely neutral but facts about Maxon and what they’re capable of doing suggest otherwise. Nomad will stay in high tier development, and hopefully not get out paced eventually by others joining the app store to compete in this soon to blossom territory as tablets get more powerful to handle this kind of work better. I see it as quite a black and white topic - will it be deterimental for nomad, if so how - if possitive - if so how. Other than uploading artwork and reporting bugs, it’s getting a discussion going at least on how to help Nomad thrive in the coming future. Which I think we owe it to Stephane as the developer, we praise him and his work a lot, so discussing avenues that could derail development has its practicalities and shows a care for the use of the software, not just the content we create inside it.

Again, debate based on speculation of future possibilities. I feel it’s a complete waste of time.

I’ll see my way out.

1 Like

Thank you for the input RogerRoger, every opinion helps and it’s useful if others have their say on the matter on a whole.

I think people are misinterpreting this post. I might be as well. What I think this thread is about is to get you to think about what’s coming next and how to keep Nomad from possibly being left in the dust. @Genko3D is absolutely correct when saying that forger isn’t really a threat because it’s lacking so many features that make Nomad the magnificent app that it is. However, that could change if Maxon actually takes forger seriously (time will tell). But an even stronger point is that a lot of us would like a few more features in Nomad, and in time I’m sure Nomad will evolve into something even better.

I’m excited for what’s coming. It’s mind blowing to see what people are doing with tablets! I love discussions like this because it sometimes reveals areas of weakness and the developer could have a chance to improve the app. I for one would rather Stephane succeed v.s. a corporation.

2 Likes

Interesting summary analysis Richard, it’s the basic direction my own opinion is wavering toward and expresses the aspects of the topic well. Equally I’m personally amused at how controversial such a simple topic has turned out to be and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t enjoying this. Insults aside, everyone has made a valid point who’s spoke on this thread, I won’t speak behind Genko3D’s back because he is on ignore and that is not fair, but I will agree to his original opinion, yours, Roger’s, everyone who has had their input. Public opinion is good for the developer. It’s why there’s Review systems for just about everything. It helps improvement. Why there’s hostility toward quite a simple topic is bizarre.

Thank you for dropping in your thoughts. There’s enough in this thread currently, I won’t be as active on this thread because really I don’t think there’s going to be anything new or fresh added without incurring round robin of discussion which will be pointless. I could be wrong though - but I think all avenues have been more or less brought up throughout the duration of this.

How you summarised it was pretty much perfect to finalise it.

Thank you to everyone as well who put their time in to have their say.

1 Like

Hey John,

I’m sorry for my behaviour. It was way too extreme. I didn’t mean to offend you. I just HATE corporations, 'cause they only care for their profits, not for the users/artists and in 99% of the cases turn great software into shit.
Anyway, i’ll understand if you don’t accept my apologies, but please note that i have nothing against you 'cause you’re a nice guy. It’s my bad, I’m a bit crazy and sometimes i loose my temper…

I wish you all the best!

2 Likes

Sometimes, a company will buy up something that was maybe going to be a competitor and then just let it die or even integrate all the features into their mainline program…

I was initially going to use Forger to learn 3D, but since discovering Nomad I much prefer it and I hope it will continue to evolve as the most intuitive and powerful sculpting tool for 3D artists on the market.

1 Like

Maxon have fully integrated forger and the original developer Javier Edo into their services, their latest update has readied the software to start working with Maxon’s pipeline. Some Facebook chatter has also indicated a new revamped version of forger on the cards for release soon. Be interesting to see developments for all 3D apps coming into the next few years for work, ProCreate has their 5.2 update which is also very intriguing which allows for import of object models for painting. Nomad remains the most powerful and versatile currently for portable 3D work, really hope as well it stays that way.

1 Like