Mask Visibility

Hi! I searched through the manual and struggled to find a solution. If it was there - my bad.

I want to mask out the selection but hide the blackness of the mask so it wouldn’t affect the way my scuklpt looks. I’m used to working like that in desktop software. Is there such a thing in nomad?

1 Like

No such thing.

2 Likes

You can activate „view“ tool to see your model without mask. It‘s not what you want but good for a quick check.

I completely forgot about the view tool ahah

5 Likes

Apologies for the necro but I too would like to see this as a feature. The ability to quickly hide/show a mask and even adjust its transparency would be nice. Having the ability to paint masks as layers would solve this and seems odd to me that this isn’t how it is done.

2 Likes

Mask display transparency would be useful, used it before for painting in ZB where the mask would interfere with the color display sometimes.

Not sure about layer masks, I think it might force the user to use the layer stack as the central editing element too much.

You can trick and color the area to be masked with the color of your choice instead of real mask on a layer. But color on a layer = mask because the color can be converted into a real mask with the color to mask option in the layers.

2 Likes

nice trick thanks for sharing. The layer color could even be created from an existing mask (‘paint all’ black)

But then you should not forget to invert the mask, otherwise the non-masked area will be painted.

yep should be inverted before storing in a layer. really useful I’m already using this to store some masks for later use

Worth noticing probably that it’s not something like paint brightness to mask conversion but rather a paint intensity (alpha) to mask. So any color would work in therory not just black