IOS - Show gestures on screen - in App Option

Is it possible to add a feature for tutorial screen recording to show the gestures while sculpting ? In some apps you can enable this.

2 Likes

Yes, that would be great! You can do it as overlay only for finger tap in iOS System already. But Iā€˜m looking for a bigger solution that may exist. Have a look at this Video for example, not only your finger taps and moves are shown as red dots but also the Pencil actions are visualizedā€¦

I already ask in various iPad groups and also wrote a comment for the author of the vid but got no answer yetā€¦

1 Like

Holger, Iā€™m not sure if this shows up on video but there is a ā€œshow touchesā€ setting in iOS. Maybe that would suffice? Itā€™s in settings > accessibility > touch > assistive touch.
I know itā€™s there to give cues to visual impaired users but could also work for ā€œwhere did you tapā€?

1 Like

Exactly that would be absolutely super ! But I also find nothing, and I have absolutely no desire to post-process the videos!

Thank you, but this function does not help properly. With this you can only show 1 touch point, no zooming or 4 finger tapā€¦ It is also not possible to show if the stylus or finger is being used. Unfortunately !

Thatā€™s a shameā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m not sure but I thought I saw a video from Glen Southern that showed finger taps? Might possibly have been in Procreateā€¦.

Maybe we should ask https://www.shapr3d.com/ company directly? They also use it in their tutorial videos.

Oh damn, I figured out now, thatā€™s itā€™s no general setting or 3rd patry App itā€™s included in Shapr3D as overlay option you can active in settings, here they explained itā€¦
Creating a tutorial - Need help? We are here. - Shapr3D forums

So YES +1 for Holgers suggestions to include this in Nomad, too. Would be so helpful for creating Nomad Tutorials and explanations. Please consider @stephomi

1 Like

Yes, like this Tutorial Mode from Claas

or in Onshape:

1 Like

No idea if this can done by a user, but is some code for this on GitHub.