Stylus - iPhone?

Hey!, I use the iPhone version sometimes. It’s super hard with fingers to use it, but I did see an option to use a stylus instead of fingers. However all the stylus’ I tried don’t seem to work. Could you say which ones are supported?. I assume it would have to be a Bluetooth one?, the regular stylus are like a finger input right?. Thx!.

The stylus I use on the iPad and iPhone is a cheap stylus from eBay. My iPad doesn’t support the Apple Pencil so I use a cheap stylus that I replace every 2 to 4 weeks. It works out to about 25p each stylus.

1 Like

can you get it to not use your finger and just this?. thats i guess more my issue. i tried the Stylus for sculpting + finger for camera setting on iphone and its either fingers or nothing from what i tested.

So yeah could use a standard like that, but wont stop finger sculpting. which id like to not have happen so fingers rotate and stylus sculpts.

No. It’s just a hollow plastic stylus. I’m okay with using this but then I haven’t used an Apple Pencil. The only thing I can suggest is to use a fingerless glove to stop the hand making contact with the screen, but that probably won’t help with what you want. :man_shrugging:t3:

Yeah still hoping this feature works somehow.

@stephomi what stylus support the feature in the image?. If I pick stylus for sculpting it doesn’t work. ( tried a few different stylus’I have to pick finger/stylus to sculpt.

Probably only official Apple Pencil, so I guess it only works on iPad.

It’s iOS that tells me if an input is either finger or stylus based.

1 Like

So let’s be clear Adam, you’re generating the awesome sculpts that you post here using an old iPad and no pressure sensitivity? :astonished:

1 Like

Thanks Cris for the compliment. :+1:t2:

I’m using an iPad Air 2 and a 25p stylus. I’m use to not having pressure sensitive stylus and find the one I use is okay for sculpting.

1 Like