Has anyone benchmarked Nomad on the 16GB iPad Pro yet?

That’s good news for everyone using new iPads.
One thing I find a bit confusing though.
Apple fanatics are announcing something which should be a matter of course, as a sensation. Don’t get me wrong, I love the products as well. Lasting long, fast and reliable.

But selling something super expensive which can’t be used at full potential as expected for more than half a year or longer as software is not ready, is much more a scandal than a sensation.

You know, imagine you bought a car driving 160/mph……well not this year , but 50/mph is something, isn’t it?..

Forget it, just some thoughts. Other systems don’t use full hardware potential as well.

Yeah, I had a huge ‘Phew’ moment after reading this and having recently taking delivery of a 16gig iPad! it would be insane to keep it hobbled for the sake of ‘multitasking’. I’ve seen a few posts where people were saying 5gig is more than enough and started listing apps like One Note! if they made an iPad with 64gig of ram we creatives would use all of it and demand more :nerd_face:

I bought two days ago an iPad m1 with 8gb…and I’m waiting for a version of nomad than can manage more of 5gb…I’m using ipados 15 beta 2, so the limit of RAM for app is ended. Now the limit is from the app side.

1 Like

Same here. I love the iPad so much but without nomad and procreate I could just buy a cheap, generic tablet. Apple should be subsidizing procreate and nomad, because they are this tablets backbone. It’s obviously the best tablet as far as tactile and pen specifics go es, but what’s that w.ithout geniusly designed content creation apps? -

1 Like

ArtStudio Pro have just confirmed amount of RAM opened up on M1 iPads (12GB on 16GB version & 6GB on 8GB version)

iPadOS 15.0 finally allow to use the whole RAM on iPad Pro with M1

4 Likes

Now that is a healthy amount of ram :grin:

4 Likes

That looks great!

What is the poly count difference between the 16gb and 8gb?

Can the 16gb handle 2x the amount of polygons?

Glen Southern (owner of SouthernGFX studio) recently did a 32M sculpt, was able to get to 40M before things started to really slow down, there was still 6GB left in the tank. The M1 is a monster but definitely need future generations of the chip I think to really see what 12GB full potential can do on a 3D sculpted model.

Ok cool. You have saved me $1000

1 Like

It’s new territory for the iPad. 12GB of RAM for a portable 3D sculpting app, this has been its first baby steps out into the world. I doubt Apple engineers even imagined the M1 handling tasks that extreme. Won’t be long though, M1-X/Pro (or even that chip’s successor) will be in the next generation of iPads (2023/24). We’ll see then. I’m excited.

1 Like