Has anyone benchmarked Nomad on the 16GB iPad Pro yet?

YES YES YES, and I had a dream last night with so much power in the next Ipad Pro I can see an After Effects coming but be careful with an After Effects like Nomad, that is to say affordable and not at crazy prices.

I couldn’t see if these are instances or copies? Instances are not representative at all. This is an unlucky example. That said, I am not a pessimist about iPad performance. Simple video runs seriously more smooth on my ipadPro , than on my 5 GHz RTX3090 PC with 24GB VRAM and 64GB RAM.
Simple tasks only, for sure and depending on the app on PC side.

I think if it was a case of instancing it would be a pretty pointless video because you could fill the screen with thousands of the same build, I don’t use Maya and only viewing on my phone so not sure if the info bar at the bottom displays if copying and not instancing is taking place… still a shit ton more than my first gen iPad Pro can handle! :grin:

Benchmark comparison between my old cheese grater Mac Pro and my future iPad Pro…

The average of the four Geekbench 5 results (plus one more) see the new M1-powered iPad Pro rake in a single core score of 1,718 and a multi-core score of 7,284. In our own tests of the 2020 iPad Pro, which uses an A12Z Bionic chip, it scored 1,126 and 4,720 on the same tests. The numbers make it clear that the 2021 iPad Pro is a far more powerful tablet than its predecessor.
Comparatively, the MacBook Air M1 scores 1,701 and 7,378 on the same test. Both this and the iPad beat the previous most powerful MacBook, the Core i9-powered MacBook Pro (16-inch), which scored 1,091 and 6,845.

Antutu test

I don’t know if that is an app or iOS limitation, but I can not even use half of the Ram on the new iPad Pro

As for some other benchmarks if you are curious

Ahn here a test to see how it throttles with the extreme version.

that’s sucks, the only reason i wanted to upgrade was nomad. i hope things will change after WWDC event in june

Yeah it is :frowning: Nomad and Procreate are 2 of the reasons I got the 16GB.
Pro create seems limited too at the moment will have to wait and see if it is the app or OS.

It’s the OS, only Apple can do something about it for now.

Procreate simply has a bug of their own that makes it worse (limit to 2GB… but they are working on a fix, though it will be limited to 5GB like everyone else after the update)

1 Like

Wow, its hard to ear. Optimization come later i hope.

Yes I read that some apps don’t recognize the new iPad correctly and it gets automatically set to max 2 gb RAM😔

I am using the m1 iPad Pro with 16gb ram and 1tb ssd. Nomad sculpt is blazing fast, but only allows 5gb ram usage, which is an iOS app limit as far as I know. So 16gb only assists with multitasking. Hopefully this will change soon… but don’t count on it.

2 Likes

I’ve read the same. I have 8gb of ram but indeed only 5gb per app is used. Apple said, it isn’t meant to let an app use more than 5gb, it is meant so you can multitask with ease… that is what I call a bummer… so I have a bloody fast Ipad with a lot of rak but only for multitasking. :thinking:

It would be nice if Apple would create a “pro” app designation to allow some developers to get past the 5gb limit. Maybe if we all start letting apple know this is something we’d really expect for a “pro” labled device, they will eventually capitulate.

Otherwise, there was really almost no reason to create such a powerful tablet.

1 Like

This is an interesting video comparison of 2021 to 2020 iPad by Glen Southern https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQY41FPjAcX/?utm_medium=share_sheet

1 Like

Good video review. I definitely won’t be upgrading to the new iPad unless the memory issue is changed. I don’t care about fancy cameras and other gimmicks. I’ll be sticking with my current iPad for now.

Just watched SouthernGFX video. :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:t2:

2 Likes