Has anybody seen Valence 3D?

Found the model app on my feed today. Would be interesting to use with Nomad; Valence for hard surface and Nomad for the fun sculpts. I’m 5 mins into trying it right now and it feels like nomad too.

Forger is probably done for me.

3 Likes

I just watched videos and seem very interesting, I guess (not sure) Nomad will implement some poly modeling features, in fact currently you can poly model with a lot of patience using masks :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I bought it straight away. My iPad was being replaced and new one was on order……so I used it on iPhone. Not too bad an experience but I found the tools lacking - I’m sure there will be more tools added. I refunded.
It’s a relatively new app so I will probably try it again now I’ve got my new iPad. I still can’t look past the modelling workflow of Sketchup for iPad, but it only comes with a Sketchup Pro sub.

1 Like

Easy and sweet workflow

3 Likes

Just start testing today, the experience is very nice. Good tool for iPad as a companion for Nomad for all hardsurface stuff

2 Likes

To model basic elements from the iPad and import to Nomad is perfect.

4 Likes

I have returned Valence.
The app needs updates. But I will buy the app again if it is improved.
Unfortunately no Discord and no feedback to the developer possible at the moment.
But the workflow is good between Valence and Nomad.
At the moment my Forger subscription is still running, I hope Valence will be better with upcoming updates…
Valence would be perfect as a complement to Nomad Sculpt - sculpt in Nomad + Exoside Quadremesh → then share to Valence → bevel or extrude a few things → then share back to Nomad = that would be perfect.

I thought there would be news or some feedback e.g. on Twitter X , unfortunately there is no feedback from the developer/s at all… too bad…

Exactly, here quadremesh applied after sculpt some elements.

2 Likes

No feedback is bad :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I will give him confidence and wait to see how he evolves. I have sent an email to support, let’s see what they respond to :smiley:

1 Like

In my opinion, there is no improvement without feedback. That’s what I love about Stephane and Nomad, he listens to us :joy: - even if his answer is often NO.
I would have kept the app if the developers had immediately gone into dialog with the users, too bad nothing is heard.

3 Likes

That’s nice, so you’re the man who takes care of the suggestions for improvement for ALL of us. Thank you! :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been in contact with the dev via email and found him really helpful and responsive. It would be good to have a discord/forum for sure but I’d say give the guy a chance he’s only just up and running. I believe he has a lot more to add to the app feature wise he’s also been pretty responsive on his YouTube comments for the quick tour video he released. I’d say this app looks promising for sure.

10 Likes

Yeah he’s been friendly with me too; all his interaction has been through email or DM’s for now, sounds like he’s been swamped just getting this v1 out, busy recording video tutorials.

Some kind of forum or discord is planned, the app has only been out a week or so.

6 Likes

They responded to a few questions I had on their youtube channel. I’m assuming it’s their channel.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m just a sucker for old school Maya poly modeling haha.

Yep. It’s a solid foundation for a pro-level app but it is missing a lot of features, including hotkeys, that would make it super useful. I agree though that it is a good companion for Nomad.

2 Likes

I’ve got it yesterday and played around a bit. It’s got potential (and it’s a onetime payment). Hopefully dev will support it with regular updates … I’ll have to spend some quality time with the app!

2 Likes

Some tests

And imported into Nomad

7 Likes

Discord very soon

3 Likes