Can't find move (whole object) function

I’m just beginning with this app. In the manual and in tutorials I see a move tool (cross shaped) used to separate extracted masks or split objects. I only find the move tool that deforms the mesh, nice but not for simple separation. Is this because I don’t have the paid version yet, or has this tool been replaced?
Could I ask one more question? The gizmo tool doesn’t appear at the center of the object anymore. I can’t make it do what the manual demonstrates. I’m using an Android device, Samsung Galaxy S6 lite.

1 Like

Hi ToonLyrics, the Move tool will pull the mesh as standard, I found the naming personally a bit confusing at start because it does act more like Pulling instead so I understand. You need to use Mask/SelMask first to Mask out an area, to which you can then use Move tool to adjust the unmasked region, it’s two separate operations. The Gizmo can be reset, on the left hand side tool bar hit ‘Auto’ and it will re-centre it; if you have it on ‘Pivot’ you set a custom point for the Gizmo instead.

Thanks, John, the two part operation worked as described. I could move things away from each other with the gizmo tool! But I couldn’t get back to the main object and do anything with it, it stays dark just like the split object even after pressing remove mask. Like dead weight in the middle of the work area. Is this intended?

Yes. When you use the Split tool it divides the mesh into separate objects in the Scene list (top left tool bar; second icon (tree view symbol) - you need to select the original mesh you performed the Split operation on, then physically unmask by going over the area again to remove it (if you ‘painted’ the Mask and want further refinement) or just go into Mask settings itself and hit ‘Clear’ - it’s quicker this way in my opinion - sorry had to edit, got a bit jumbled in my sentence.

Many thanks, it worked perfectly. I know it was a newbie question, so thanks for your patience. I was pleasantly surprised to get answers so quickly. Speaks well for this forum.

1 Like

No problem, I enjoy helping others new to 3D design, I work from home so my laptop just dings and I respond lol - always just pitch out queries for a troubleshoot. Take care.

1 Like

You are talking about an old version of Nomad Sculpt.
The Previous Move/Rotate/Scale tools have been merged inside the Transform tool instead.

1 Like

Thanks, Stephomi. I see I’m not supposed to respond when the problem is solved, but I appreciate your help. Yes, tutorials on YouTube are with a different interface.

1 Like