What's your guys/gals main mesh type in Nomad? I'd love to know

ah, so you can’t make polls here, so i’ll just try it the hard way.
So if you care to indulge me for minute…please do! :slight_smile:

What do you primarily like to use:

• Traditional SubDivision (Multi-resolution)?
  • Voxel Remeshing?
  • Dynamic Topology?
  • Combination of them?

I usually like to use MultiRes because I like being able to edit lower level cage, but for Nomad I find myself usually sticking to voxel remeshing, and then just subdivide once if I want high frequency texture detail.
I think because of the absence of a smart remeshing + reprojection is why I’m not using multires more.

And I’m playing around with dynamic topology right now for my current Thing sculpt…but don’t know how I feel about it quite yet. It’s still a bit unorthodox for me, but there is a clear benefit for having localized detail though…so the verdict is still out for me.

Thanks in advance!

You can create polls if you click on the cog

• Traditional SubDivision (Multi-resolution)?
  • Voxel Remeshing?
  • Dynamic Topology?
  • Combination of them?

0 voters

and i like zremesh

1 Like

My usual workflow in Zbrush is, first Dynamesh, then ZRemesh, and finally subdivided.
In Nomad’s workflow, voxels are first, then subdivided, and then exported to Zbrush for detailed modification.

I use less the classic subdivision and yet it is with this tool that we all started in the 3dsmax maya and other but I can no longer use it as effectively from then the dynamesh and remesher … etc.

1 Like

Nomad Sphere sub 7 for face and voxel all the time. If stuck I will increase voxel slightly. So far voxel is enough.
Other program especially in PC no clue. Would love to try pc software such as Zbrush, Blend, Maya, etc if I had a chance to get new pc.

1 Like