Viewport graphics broken

The view port is showing some really rude high contrast big chunk pixilation. And flickers between negative and positive while navigating. Has been running smoothly before, tried to reinstall. Error persist.
Please advice

Android 7 - 2017 Picasso Tab - 2GB Ram

I’m aware of the issue, it only affects some Android tablet.

I could easily fix this issue if I could have the device in my hands but unfortunately I don’t.

Is it working better if you:

• switch to matcap (sun icon)
  • enable “force nearest” and “force rgba8” at the bottom of the Interface menu?
  • try nomad - WebAssembly (~16mb to download first)

I suppose the bug was introduced by Nomad Change Log - #7 by stephomi (early january).

This bug is due to the change in render method, some old android GPU doesn’t support differed rendering…

The GPU doesn’t have to be that old, it’s likely a driver bug.

It’s frustrating because I know I can get it fixed in ~10 minutes if I had the device.
And I don’t really want to buy a device just for a 10 minutes debugging session :slight_smile: , I should take look at remove testing.

Turning to matcap works - the force nearest or force rgba8 has no impact, and the web assembly acts the same. Digging into this device (Picasso Tab) has no meaning, since I believe it to be discontinued. But the price is very humble and it works nicely. And if it came in a newer version I would jump it. But 2 GB of ram is a bit on the limit. If there’s anything thing I can do to help you fix this, by adding some tests, don’t hesitate to write me. The new meshkey for blender has really got me inspired into doing more sculpting. I will bye this as soon as I can pull out the few coins from the household manager :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks!

A few questions:

• In PBR mode, if change the background to “color” (for example mid grey). Do you still have glitches on the background or only on the objects?
  • In Matcap mode, is the background (environment) still ok?
  • In Matcap mode, are things ok when you enabled some postprocesses? Thinking about Reflection (SSR) and Ambient Occlusion (SSAO).

When you go at the bottom of the “Interface” menu, there is a “Logs” checkbox.
Maybe there are some useful errors for me in the ouput (I doubt so but we never know).

Can you test again nomad - WebAssembly?

Or nomad - WebAssembly

The demo and the n_n8 nearest are both having the same pixilated look.
I’ll have a look on the other feedbacks you mentioned before.

here’s a log file of the installed ver.

• In PBR mode, if change the background to “color” (for example mid grey). Do you still have glitches on the background or only on the objects?
    Yes - the glitches are still there on both

• In Matcap mode, is the background (environment) still ok?
    I have a brownish shaded BG with grid that works fine.

• In Matcap mode, are things ok when you enabled some postprocesses? Thinking about Reflection (SSR) and Ambient Occlusion (SSAO).
    “The SSR is only effective in PBR mode” it states. No effect No glitch
    The ambiente occlusion and dept of fields both works fine. But if run together the glitches are back.
    and the BG turns black.

Thanks for the report!

Hope you can nail it :slightly_smiling_face:

Last try nomad - WebAssembly

Even if it works I wouldn’t be confident for the future, some old Android GPU are simply too buggy with faulty drivers.

What would be the best choice of Android tablet to run nomad?

1 Like

Oh the link was broken, I fixed it, maybe you can try again.
I update the version on Google Play as well.

Best choice is probably Samsung Galaxy Tab S7/S7+ if you want an Android.