Sugar bowl / sucrier - Onshape + Nomad sculpt

still in my onshape learning series coupled with nomad, I think the two will become inseparable for me.

I forgot the full chamfer but hey too late. But it had to be like that.

16 Likes

Your Onshape skills are impressive!

1 Like

Dude,
I’m really enjoying your Onshape stuff! :+1:

1 Like

thx, I follow a lot of tutorials, they are simple and go to the basics so I made good progress.

Thank you very much, as I said above it is mainly thanks to the tutorials.

Very nice!

This is with STL export from Onshape? The mesh looks super clean in Nomad - any tricks to keep it sharp or simply high SubD amount?

1 Like

It’s Stl, I master the technique a little better. I import my STL into nomad (it’s going to be ugly and full of artifacts so don’t panic) then I subdivide with Keep triangle and Flat Subdivison activated (I subdivide until it’s as clean as possible without exploding my ipad, if I climb too high the voxel remesher crash).
So after the subdivision we get a fairly clean object (except often the large rounded parts that must be smoothed out afterwards but nothing serious) Then I make a Voxel not too low and not too high (I start again often several times until a clean result and especially not to use multires rebuild at this stage. or patterns but the whole is fine)

1 Like

I’m still working out the finer points of the OnShape interface but it’s like Nurbs modellers that I’ve used before so it kind of makes sense. The STL export will be the next thing I trest :+1:t2:

There are many subtleties that are not lacking with onehsape. Frankly every day I do a tutorial and each time there are hidden functions that become obvious. At first I didn’t understand most tools now it makes sense. Besides, I’m doing my little tutorial of the day. But hey, I also have to sculpt on nomad lol.

1 Like

No more reopening for welding vertex necessary?

1 Like

No no need with STL :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve inspired me to boot up MOI to make something for Nomad. Now if it only ran on iOS…

1 Like