Hello, I’ve been trying to look for answers on what to do about this for a while now. Seems like every time I made a 3D model there’s always these tiny imperfections that pop up seemingly out of nowhere. I try to close the holes but that always seems to make things worse. I’m wanting to try to fix this mesh issue without having to lose the sharp edges. If there’s anything that I can do to fix or prevent this from happening I’d really appreciate the help!
-MJ
It’s hard to know exactly what’s causing that, but maybe someone else has experienced it and can help you out.
What I would do is this: the next time they show up, save the file and try using “undo” until they disappear. That way, you’ll know the exact moment they appear and be able to identify what’s causing them. That would help explain why they’re happening.
It might be due to an unexpected (but logical) result of using certain tools in Nomad… or it could be a bug. But to find out, you need to identify in detail what’s causing it…
Thank you
I’ve looked at undoing and I’ve partially fixed the more noticeable triangle issues by separating it and deleting those distortions. Just figuring out how I can flatten these tiny mesh indents. I’ve tried remeshing with sharp edges, I’ve tried closing hole, force manifold, multiresolution, but none of it is working for me.
You can use the Decimation tool to get rid of those details, but you should use the mask brush first to isolate them so Decimation doesn’t affect the entire mesh.
You could also use the Trim or Boolean tools to “excise” the areas with bad geometry. Once that’s done, any remaining holes should be easy to close.
Either way, based on my experience, it’s best not to worry too much about it.
What I mean is that it’s better to sculpt freely at first without stressing over errors or bad geometry, without focusing on details, and just concentrating on creating an initial rough sketch or form.
Once you have a sculpt you like, that’s when you “refine” and polish it by fixing and cleaning up the geometry.
Think of it like drawing: first you make one or a few quick sketches. Once you like a sketch, that’s when you clean it up, ink it, color it…
But of course, I’m just talking about what I find most efficient (separating an initial phase of free creation from later refinement stages). For me, dealing with polygons and tiny details early on is super tedious and time consuming. I’ve had times where I spent hours cleaning up geometry, only to realize in the end that I didn’t even like the object, so I ended up deleting it to start over from scratch…
Thank you
That’s a very good way of thinking of refining in stages, and it really does make it better knowing you’re happy with details first, definitely agree with you there.
I’ve ended up fixing the problem by remaking roof piece with a better method and it’s come out perfectly now, and I removed all the bad distortions too by deleting them all.
So happy to finally know how to fix it! Really much appreciated for your help!
Awesome! I’m glad you got it fixed ![]()


