Split or trim UV mapped meshes

With the imminent release of version 1.66 & the inclusion of OBJ export retaining textures & mtl files, I was wondering if there could be a way of editing UV meshes without losing the mapping? We can currently manipulate a mapped mesh by moving vertices etc…but mapping is lost when any changes to the face count occurs, during remesh or dynamic topo for obvious reasons. Would it be possible to carry out “small” modifications to the mesh such as splitting or trimming and still retain the mapping? This would be really useful for making modifications to mapped meshes within Nomad, in order to take them back into Procreate for further painting. It also helps to use Nomad for cleaning up texture mapped 3d scans, from iphone for example.
A vertex paint-to-UV texture feature would also be fantastic but maybe veering away from Nomads original scope.

2 Likes

This would be incredibly useful, and would make capturing 3D scans and editing them truly possible all on iOS/iPadOS. The existing scanning apps only allow rectangular cropping. I’m already using Nomad’s sculpting tools to make other fixes like smoothing, before exporting for re-baking in Metashape/Blender.

1 Like

That’s right, I’m also looking for possibilities to clean up textured 3D scans on the ipad. Furthermore, closing a hole in the mesh and texturing the fill according to the polygons around it would be great, like the photoshop clone stamp tool.