Render for quality print?

OK thanks, I will look into it :slight_smile:

I don’t seem to have the option to edit my first post. So please go ahead and change to NSFW. Thanks

That would be after I cropped it for a 1:1 ratio. So the width would become 2160 px the same as the height after the Nomad 4k PNG render. Then I changed to 180 DPI/PPI. Thats how I got 304.8 x 304.8 mm. I did it in Photoshop, but it will be the same in Procreate.

Hahaha, I am confused as well. First, I thought it is simple to explain, then I had to realise that me, and a bunch of others in the links are mixing dpi and ppi and call everything dpi.
Dpi is for the printers only, it won’t change pixel appearance,as stephomi said.
PPI is what it is important - that you just have enough pixels to avoid pixelation.
But 300 ppi is really when you want to go super close.
I printed pictures with around 3000px in 80cm x 60cm on canvas, and they look great. Maybe it will be a bit different on more detailed surfaces, like Alu Dibond?
50x60 cm with around 3500px for longest side turned out wonderful.
A towel in 100cm by something? with around 2500px for longest side is looking super lovely.

Good luck!

I just tried super resolution once. It works for raw pics. So for any other format you need to go via Adobe Bridge to import it to camera raw. It won‘t add detail, it increases size without loss or blur. Letsenhance should do the job. But to finalise it: you won‘t need that often super high resolution than you think.

1 Like

Ok sounds promising! Alu Dibond looks very interesting.

N e w M a n

A n d r o g y n e

E x e g e s i s

T o r q

All four renders are from my first week in Nomad. I haven’t done 3D work before. I didn’t have much luck creating anything in Procreate, so I was quite surprised with what I come up with in one week in Nomad. The first render is called “NewMan” that I imported (three layers) into Procreate and did a small amount of colour work on one layer. The following three renders “Androgyne”, “Exegesis” and “Torq”, are Nomad only and just imported into Photoshop for cropping (to 1:1 ratio) only.

Hah, that‘s some freaky disturbing stuff polarising the audience. I am more this aesthete searching for common beauty everywhere, to be honest.
Good luck for your prints!

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Just what are those two doing that it earned a “Mature Content” warning? Hahahaha

The flag is per-topic, not per-image

Yes, after I saw the rest of them I figured it was something like that. Was going to delete my post but you beat me to it with a reply!