Ramblings of a new comer(Positive)

First and foremost I wanted to thank the developers for bringing us this amazing technology to our fingertips. You can tell the dev put a lot of heart and soul into this application & it truly shows!
So I’ve been practicing a lot & a big frustrated at times but then when I realize I’m learning and don’t know a lot of the tools etc. I get this good feeling that I’m improving. I wanted to suggest a reddit page for new comers such as myself. I try posting for feedback at times but I never do because I see people posting their “first 3D”(supposedly lol)artwork and its astonishing…meanwhile my blobs are all out of whack ugly and stuff lol. The reddit page will maybe bring in more random people to purchase your product & hopefully have people like me post. Basically a place where people can ask questions & maybe have pages stickied to valuable resources etc. Nonetheless again thank you for your hard work. One day ill post something.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not really a reddit person but there is discord server (link on https://nomadsculpt.com/).

For sculpting (organic at least), I would say artistic skill is much more important than technical ones.
Usually those who are really good at drawing (human body, proportion, etc) usually catch up very quick on 3d sculpting softwares.
But as I’m not an artist I only provide answers for technical question!

1 Like

Completely makes sense tyvm for the explanation and reply.

I advise you to look for videos on YouTube where they show how to use the basic tools with tutorials, that could help you a lot.

Once you’ve picked up the basics (a few YouTube tutorials should show you the way) you’ll ironically want further depths and mechanics. But yes we all learn at a different pace, I kind of didn’t realize I was learning, just exploring until I ran into something I didn’t get and I’d YouTube it. Nomad takes just a few key concepts for everything else to fall into place or become self-explainatory.

1 Like

For example, once I learned I could see the “wire” around the objects, I could understand what dynamic topology did once I turned it on. And other things that affected the vertices.

Another key thing that opened up the whole program to me - unverified, freshly introduced objects (and often verified ones) are all malleable by opening up the top left menu items and messing with the options and parameters. The topology menu specifically is great for messing with your selected, unprimed, freshly introduced slab of material. Tools are all malleable, based on the one selected, by the menu options on the upper right.

1 Like

You guys are a god send! Tyvm

1 Like