Noob questions!

Hello!
I LOVE this program! Super awesome, and tons of fun! I keep struggling with a few things as I learn and thought that maybe someone might have some advice!

1. When I create any type of shapes, it creates 2 as I use the move tool left or right, (splits off) is there a way to create one if you wanted to? When I click on the shape in the outliner and hit separate it says it can’t separate single objects. I tried turning symmetry off, when I create shapes too.
  2. To cut out of an object, do I need to mask the other side first so it doesn’t cut the other side too?
    Thank you so much in advance!

1 turn off the symmetry
2 you can cut your object directly or if you want a percise shape to cut you can mask it first

Thank you so much! Would you know if it’s possible to separate shapes if they were created when symmetry was on? It says can’t separate single shape.

hi @tommywilliams04 try to use Split from the tools panel, where the brushes are. It will split the model in two parts where you want to. Hope it helps!

Awesome! I definitely will, thank you so much!

1 Like

I’d be happy to help you with your questions!

1. When it comes to creating shapes and moving them, it sounds like you might be inadvertently duplicating the shapes instead of moving them as a single object. Instead of using the move tool to move the shape left or right, try using the translate or transform tools to move the shape without duplicating it. This should allow you to create a single shape without it splitting off.
  2. To cut out a portion of an object without affecting the other side, you can indeed use masking. By masking the area you want to preserve, you can restrict the effects of certain operations to the unmasked region. In most 3D modeling software, you can create a mask by selecting the desired area and applying a mask function or tool. This will prevent any modifications from affecting the masked region while allowing you to perform operations on the rest of the object.
  3. You’re welcome! If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. I’m here to help!

Thank you so much for replying, and for the awesome advice! I will try these suggestions out for sure! Thank you again!