Nomad Sculpt desktop version (or at least a fee-unlocked web assembly?)

Stephane has said a public desktop build is due soon (likely in the next few months), as he already has a desktop build as part of his test/dev process.

The code base is already cross platform for iOS/Android/web, and I wouldn’t worry about focusing on mobile sculpting, as that’s clearly where the bulk of nomad’s market is.

1 Like

Did @stephomi say whether it would also be available on macOS? I’m hoping it will be available on the Mac, because that would be perfect for some light touch-ups after I’ve moved my work from my iPad to my Mac. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Very likely, as Nomad is developed on a mac.

1 Like

Hm, but isn’t that an old x86 Mac? I’m not familiar with Mac OS so im just wondering…

1 Like

This would be awesome! As it is, he could probably just flip the switch in Xcode to allow the Nomad iPad app to run on the Mac. But if he wants to make it a paid for version for the Mac that’s separate, I would happily buy the desktop version to install it on my Mac. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Desktop hardware is an advantage. My PC is much more powerful than the tablet I am using. Nomad is great for convenience on iOS/Android, but obviously the hardware limitations of these devices limits the potential of an artists work. Desktop hardware would push it further.