New M1 Macs

I’m no computer expert but technically it should be able to run on the new Macs. I’m sure Wacom or other stylus makers will make their products compatible. Would like to hear some thoughts from the developer.

1 Like

Nomad won’t be available on Apple Silicon at launch.

I would need to support wacom and keyboard/mouse inputs before deciding to release a desktop version.

The issue is more maintenance of a new platform rather than the code/tech.
Actually I can already run Nomad on desktop (both Mac and Windows), although it has no wacom support.

6 Likes

please make a version for Windows. I have an hp elite 1012 g2 tablet laptop. but there are almost no Windows programs that work without a keyboard. I think that such programs are needed to promote tablet and transformer laptops, there is also a laptop and Microsoft Surfacing.

1 Like

The program is awesome! Would love to see a version for Mac/ Windows. Would buy it in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

Uhhh - would love to see how it performs with RTX3090 - if it uses the GPU?
But I agree. I’ve seen one man show developer struggle in keeping all different OS uptodate

2 Likes

Windows 11 should eventually support Android apps, so Nomad should be available on Windows at that point, though that will not solve the keyboard issue.

1 Like

I’ll be signing up for the Beta when and if you decide to pull the trigger one that one man! Plenty of us in the community who’d be willing to volunteer to help you pull that off also! Nomad’s success, arguably, has been the touch inputs of the device it was born on and the way you designed its UI for remarkable ease-of-use, when you feel that’s manageable and replicable on the desktop, I’ll be one of the first willing to push my Mac to its boundaries to see what I can do with it! Nomad’s home I believe first and foremost is on the iPad, but the extra power from desktop architecture is tantalising for an artist like me that likes to try and cram 36 eggs in a basket made for 12 lol.

3 Likes

Hi @stephomi et al,

Is there any chance Nomad Sculpt will be available for macOS soon?

I would love to try Nomad Sculpt, but I’ve got no iPad at the moment, and am planning to buy an iMac this year.

In the light of this: the Apple Silicon Macs can run iOS apps. Does anyone know if Wacom tablet pressure sensitivity works with iOS apps on macOS?

No, not soon.
Right now I focus on tablet first.

1 Like

Absolutely with the Maxxon purchase I legitimately see Nomad as a competitor to Zbrush. It’s leagues better than Blender’s sculpting even if technicall less powerful. I’d volunteer to bugtest and do Quality assurance if you ever went that route. Whether it stays mobile or not this program has my unwavering support :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Totally agree with john a windows and mac version would be a winner and i’d be up for it (even though i binned my PC to solely work on my tablet because of Nomad) :smiley:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed one day, @stephomi already has the keys to the Mac version lol. If iPadOS was a bit more capable, I wouldn’t actually see much of a benefit of having desktop versions, but since the OS is the weakest point of the iPad, seeing what Nomad could do with the architecture of desktop operating system underlying it intrigues me thoroughly.

1 Like

It would be interesting.

I dont think I’ve ever had such an affinity for a piece of 3d software as i have with nomad (just annoyed i font get to use it more).

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Stephane. Then you might like to read that I’ve read so much positive things about Nomad Sculpt that I’m considering buying an iPad just for Nomad Sculpt. :slightly_smiling_face: