My First sculpts in nomad: creatures

Nomad sculpt is awesome!

I Did These sculpts over Christmas. The seahorse even on a Train Ride (it fehlt like the shortest trip i ever had)

My favourite is playing around with Different lighting and shading.

Is there a way to combine different materials on one mesh?
I duplicated the mesh on the seahorse to combine sss & refractive…

28 Likes

Amazing! The seahorse in particular is brilliant - interesting and clever way to achieve variable translucency on a single model. I don’t think it’s possible to have more than one material per mesh - but someone more experienced can correct me if necessary! I’m guessing you have previous digital sculpting experience based on how good these are.
Btw- are the backgrounds done in Nomad or another program?

yes i have been using sculpting tools once in a while over the last years…mudbox,Blender,3d coat.but none of these felt so intuitive from the get go.
The images are completely done in nomad

1 Like

Just finished another one.all nomad sculpt with just a bit of Color correction on top.
it is fun to add glossiness under water even if it doesn’t make much sense.

Would love to know how to „disconnect“ painting from sculpting.I know itś possible but can’t find it anymore…

12 Likes

You can create new layers, then do all the painting on separate layers from any sculpting….or do you mean that every time you use a sculpting brush you get paint color as well? In that case you need to turn off stroke painting (the icon with a sphere in bottom left corner)
In both cases if you search on YouTube for “layers” and stroke painting you’ll find tutorials which explain better than I can here!

1 Like

thanks for the hint!

Great work!

Added more detail and had some fun with refractions

5 Likes

Just for fun

6 Likes

A Little Dragon coming out of the water.
Need to learn how to pose properly.currently all symmetrical.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Congratulations on your first sculpts in Nomad! Sculpting underwater creatures can be a challenging and rewarding experience, as it allows you to bring to life the mysterious and fascinating creatures that inhabit the depths of the ocean.

When sculpting underwater creatures, it’s important to pay attention to details such as texture, shape, and movement. The texture of the sculpt should mimic the texture of the creature’s skin or scales, while the shape should accurately reflect the creature’s physical characteristics. In addition, the movement of the sculpt should convey a sense of fluidity and grace, as many underwater creatures are known for their graceful swimming movements.

Another important aspect to consider when sculpting underwater creatures is the lighting and environment. Underwater lighting can be tricky, as it can be difficult to simulate the way light behaves in water. You may want to experiment with different lighting setups and materials to achieve the desired effect.

Overall, sculpting underwater creatures in Nomad can be a fun and challenging experience, and with the right tools, attention to detail and patience, you can create some truly stunning and realistic sculptures.
Rental bike in bangalore | Onroadz

AI text generation is really getting quite good.
(This is just a reference to the spam comment above - not your sculptures, which are great!)

2 Likes

ha, indeed…
the comment makes sense and then again…it doesn´t (“the movement of the sculpt” !?)

Wow that was hard.
I wanted to pose the Salamander but turned out after splitting and posing I had to redo most of the detailing again.I think I have to pose at an earlier stage next time…

11 Likes

oh very nice idea :slight_smile:

thanks, I am thinking about 3d printing him and then building a diorama with real stuff

yes, you can build a structure to hang the fish and fill it partially with resin until the fish is left fixed and fill the rest again. Indeed could be very cool.

Playing with simple shapes and light.
There was a happy accident during render.when I rotated the iPad it created a double exposure. Funny…

Is it possible to rename the topic? I am not underwater anymore :slight_smile:

Started as a nun, ended as a devil