Metallic effects not being exported with gITF 2.0 format

Hi, I posted this around various Blender forums, but realized this may have something to do with Nomad…

Basically, I’m trying to export my model to Sketchfab using the gITF 2.0/.glb file format, including metallic painting effects. I created and painted my model in Nomad Sculpt. I then exported the .glb from there into Blender. To get my painted roughness and metallic effects to appear in Blender, I followed the instructions in the video at the bottom of this page: Nomad Sculpt manual - Files which worked, I can now see the metallic effects in Blender. However when I export this .glb to Sketchfab, there are still no metallic effects on my model. I actually noticed when I re-imported this edited .glb file in Blender, the nodes I had set were changed (see the last image here) . My metallic effect is now also not appearing in Blender anymore. So basically, the edits I made using the instructions in the video don’t “stay.” Is there some way to get the roughness and metallic effects to import into Sketchfab as well? Perhaps I need to bake the effects into textures in Blender? (I’m totally new to any of this btw.) Thanks!

glTF doesn’t support “roughness” and “metallic” painting.

Nomad does export this data (as a secondary color channel) but you need to tell blender how to interpret this second channel, see how to do it here: Files | Nomad

1 Like

Check this tutorial maybe it helps:

1 Like