McRaven Sketchbook - Mixing 3D and 2D

Thanks @Oldmushroom!

And here is a painting of the same image:

4 Likes

Yeahh love the use of different light source on this one !

2 Likes

5 Likes

Me, I have Krita, and ArtRage, and Sketchbook…
I graze a lot. :grin:
This has given me all of the amazing things I wanted to do with a tablet.

2 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Another Samurai:

5 Likes

Sketches for the new ArtStation Challenge. Nomad and Procreate as always.

4 Likes

Work in progress for my keyframes in ArtStation challenge. Nomad and Procreate:

10 Likes

7 Likes

Amazing work it all looks extremely expressionistic love the look and the vibe :fire::fire:

1 Like

Astonished work. What matcap did you use here? Or was it only a matcap to achieve the outline effect or curvature option in post processing? Or maybe something else?

Nice! You finally nail it with nomad make something 2D like. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Thanks, guys!

@Alex I created a few matcaps to simulate inks. For this last post I also used the paint tool to draw directly into the model, like a variation of the Grease Pencil… :grimacing: This is the matcap I used:

Here is the model with a flat Matcap and the lines I painted. The rest of the details were done in Procreate. It’s a very fast way to conceptualise an idea IMHO.

1 Like

I knew there couldn’t be just a matcap ;–) Thanks for the info. If there could be a one-click solution to draw those lines and simulate a sketch, it would be a blessing.

I have my version for 2D look like, I could share if you want maybe can be useful, although I’m not using matcap

1 Like

There are many such options for rendering in ZBrush… of course that is of no use if you don’t use that programme :slight_smile:

This is an awesome thread. Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing.
I posted a bunch of matcaps there My Matcaps

First of mine are outlines. Maybe it’s helpful for some.

Keep it rocking!!

1 Like