I just discovered snap tools for the gizmo!

Every time I rotate an object in Nomad at a specific angle (say 45 degrees), I’ve been taking the time to open the gizmo box in the top menu bar that shows scaling and rotation info, and adjusting it there by typing in the 45 degree angle in rotation under whichever axis I need to rotate it in. And if I needed to move an object by a specific scale in a certain direction, I had to do that by adjusting the object’s “translation” in a certain direction. But now, I just discovered snap tools for the gizmo in the left-hand toolbar that allows me to set precise increments for me to either move or rotate an object by! :+1:t2:. This will save me so much time! That is such an awesome tool, if anyone else is in my shoes, this may help you out! :+1:t2:

I’m glad you found the SNAP options. :+1:

If you are interested, you can also enter the values directly on GIZMO.
Activate Numerical input.
Tap with the pencil on the ring / arrow on the gizmo → then you can enter the value.

1 Like

Oh cool, that’s amazing! Thank you for that tip, I really appreciate it! :+1:t2:. That will be very useful! :+1:t2:

On another note- @Holger_Schoenischka id love to see your boat when you’re done :grin:

1 Like

@Holger_Schoenischka How did you add that reference photo into your scene? That looks like it would be very useful! :+1:t2:

For general reference pictures, click this box:

There’s also ways you can put reference pictures on planes so you can move them around in your scene. Holger has some videos on his YouTube channel that go over it.

1 Like

Thanks! :+1:t2:. That will be very helpful! I’ll have to check out his YouTube videos on that! :+1:t2:. I’ve been using my phone to show reference photos, but it would nice to be able to have it on the same screen. :+1:t2:

I’ve been using the Reference Image feature, since you guys showed me how to use it, and it’s been very handy! :+1:t2:. So much better than using another app window next to Nomad, because I can use my whole screen space for sculpting and still reference my reference image! :+1:t2: