How to export model with materials/textures?

Hi there,

great app, thanks you!

However, I can’t seem to get my model exported with the paint materials intact? I’ve tried GLB and OBJ with various options but when opening in Blender, C4D or dimension, no materials or paint? Any tips to help figure this one out please?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Nomad doesn’t support UVs or textures for now, so it only exports vertex painting.

There’s a video in the manual that shows how to link vertex data to the shade graph in blender.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

So, I tried this but it doesn’t work for me? Could it be because I have several layers?

Or, does it not support exporting the paint at all? Is there ANY way I can get the painted model out, into a 3D application? With paint intact?

Thanks agin! :slight_smile:

I got it working now, thanks :slight_smile: I had tried with layers, - it didn’t work for me, but merged it and now it works :slight_smile:

Ah yes I don’t think blender support painting on the layers.
It’s not something standard at all.

Maybe in the future I’ll add an option to merge all the layer painting but keeping the deformation layer.

Hey @Angie

If it’s Cinema 4D / C4D that you’re going to, I’ve put together a little tutorial for moving your model over with textures:

Link to the tutorial

If you don’t have redshift, then you can use this workflow to incorporate the standard renderer.

Ultimately, you need to export glTF, open in Blender, Export FBX (with vertex colours) and then open that one in C4D.

Hope that helps!
Liam

Thank you for the tip! it worked! :raised_hands: