Good to sculpt again

That’s a lovely piece.
Really looking forward to see your process.

1 Like

After a bit of hiatus and setting up my lapidary shop in the garage and cutting stones for a bit started on a new sculpt, an axolotl artificer. Still in the roughing out phase and sculpting in a pose aside from my usual a pose so getting out of my comfort spa one bit I have a feeling it’ll be a fun one

3 Likes

Nice sculpt. A question, how do you make the sss effect on it?

I’m running the test build of 1.66 on iOS and it has the subsurface material in it, if you don’t have the ability to sign up for the 1.66 beta you can try it out on the web build

1 Like

Well done!! mate
I started a new Character today as well… I usually post on my Insta, Pinterest, and FB groups once I complete the work…
Here is my Insta handle @artmellows and Youtube @artmellows if you want to look at my latest artwork.

Best
Manny

No longer naked, and coming along slowly but surely

4 Likes

Jumping back to an older sculpt finally getting around to painting texture and adding details, still gotta add hair and eyebrows and lashes but the new sss is really one of my favorite additions

7 Likes

Not the final sculpt but was fun playing with it, might try so,etching more like this but better

7 Likes

Are the ears kind of transparent? How did you managed this? Awesome!!!

1 Like

This texturing is extremely nice Nomad work. The SSS is very well used.
Bravo.

1 Like

They are indeed! I’m in the beta and one of the material options is subsurface scattering, it’s only for iOS I believe but the web demo has it as well. To take advantage of the effect I use a strong directional back lighting

Thanks knacki texturing I’m nomad is a blast and I feel like I’m really starting to improve more, I can’t wait to see how far I can take it

I really do have a lot of fun with making these crystals, starting to add in smaller ones to help fill in the cluster and playing with the colors and lighting

8 Likes

Decided to use cozy blanket as a way to model some accessories, working on some clothes next. Was pretty quick to make so adding some flourishes and details to the collar

4 Likes

Started adding eyes but think I’m gonna redo them, and maybe move them a little closer together I feel like they’re too far apart, other than that adding more crystals and gotta finish detailing the ear, add eyebrow hairs and lashes really trying to push myself with detail on this one

8 Likes

Hope you guys aren’t tired of seeing the progress on 5is but I’m having a blast with it, now that I fixed proportions now I’d like to repaint the skin, figure I could do a better job on it

6 Likes

Quick head sculpt while I was in a waiting room, gonna take some time and sculpt some proper teeth

2 Likes

Trying something with the skin adding variation and layering colors

4 Likes

Revisiting and tweaking proportions hopefully the next time I post this it’ll be more finished. I should really start working on the body I spent so much time on the head lol

2 Likes

The porportions of the face in the last picture are a little bit “off” i guess, but impressive anyway!