Good to sculpt again

Just sculpting a random head, debating on wether I should continue, maybe hulking tree folk or lanky coral dude, not quite sure yet

5 Likes

Trying my hand at cozy blanket really enjoying it, soon I’ll have it all finished and reimport into nomad

3 Likes

Don’t know if it’s a demon, or an alien, or both perhaps? Either way it’s fun and might have to take it further

5 Likes

I think the flatten brush is probably my most used brush now, I like being able to build up muscle groups quickly with the fill and getting planes carved out when sculpting,

5 Likes
2 Likes

Great sculpts!

1 Like

Could you share your settings? Looks cool

1 Like

It’s super easy I just use a high intensity and a flat top falloff like this

1 Like

still have trouble with eyelids but working on it, practice practice, practice

1 Like

They look so fine!

1 Like

Thanks, I never change the fallout and this is the key

1 Like

It took me forever to appreciate hanging the falloff lol especially with the crease brush, it’s nice to be able to make nice sharp cuts with a very narrow bit high peak falloff

What’s your settings for the crease brush? I ever been changing it

Depends on what I’m going for, I don’t know if this helps but I did a little video with a few different falloffs

Crease brush falloff - YouTube

1 Like

What i do:

Take a sphere, cut it in half to get a Hemisphere and then bolean it with another sphere to hollow it. Than you can move it in the correct space and use the move brush zu get in the right place.

2 Likes

That sounds like an awesome tip, I’m gonna try that out today thanks!

1 Like

Aside from learning to sculpt characters my main use for sculpting is designing body jewelry like these pangolin ear weights for stretched ears, I mostly did this in blender but trying it in nomad so I can show off at the various shops I visit. I’ll 3d print these in high temp resin and use a mold vulcanizer to make a mold for wax injections so I don’t have to constantly reprint copies and the burnout is cleaner. Once I finish and cast in rinse I’ll post more of these

7 Likes

Still have to finish the scales and detail and clean them up but I can’t wait to start casting these

Very nice! I’d love to see your process casting them as well and final pics :grimacing:

1 Like

I’ll definitely record the process and happy to share my knowledge on doing so, it’s a lot of fun and satisfying to make your projects come to life

1 Like