I have a TestFlight for Nomad 1.66, the release is planned for ~mid august.
This is mostly for bad bugs/crashes or regression, not really improvements/feature requests.
If you are interested, just say so (I’ll use your email forum for the invite, no need to write it down).
- Non uniform Scaling with scene hierarchy is a bit tricky. I’ll probably change some stuffs in that regards. So far Nomad was always making sure that transform never had non uniform scaling (by baking vertices automatically). But with hierarchy it’s a bit of a pain so expect some issues.
Note that it’s not necessarily a bug (for example blender doesn’t do anything in particular and allow non-uniform scaling, but then the sculpting brushes will act in a broken way…)
Before using TestFlight, good to know:
- It’s not a separate app, so it’ll replace your current Nomad version
- Once the final version is released, it’s possible you need to go to the AppStore to updated the latest version (not 100% sure about that)
- If an old file simply doesn’t load and it crashes at launch, then tell me about it, this is highest priority
- If you got important file, you can copy the whole Nomad folder before updating to TestFlight to be extra safe
- Layers now take a bit more memory, so if you have a file with many layers and you were on the limit of your memory limit, it can crash at loading time. If it happens you can still report the issue.
Behaviour when it crashes at launch: your project is simply moved and you can relaunch Nomad ↩︎
It should be relatively safe: As a test I deleted my “data” folder and relaunched Nomad, that way it forces Nomad to process every files (by regenerating thumbnails). If you can do the same, it’s nice but your iPad will burn though if you have many/heavy projects. ↩︎