Android-crash on export

Bug reports
Nomad Sculpt, paid, v 1.82.
Android v 11 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e (model SM-T720).

I have 2 profiles on this tablet: mine & my underage daughter, whose account is managed by me.
My daughter is using the app in her profile.

She made a simple model. When we tap the “Export” button, the app immediately quits to the tablet home screen.
This happens for any of the 4 formats: gITF, OBJ, STL, Nomad.
Export settings left @ default (there’s a different group of settings depending on which file format is selected).

Any ideas?

Thank you very much,
-Jason

Check Stats - maybe the file is too big - what’s the polycount.

Thank you very much for the quick reply, Holger-

I’m embarrassed to say that I don’t know how to see polycount. I’ve never used the program.

The stats at upper right when this model is displayed are:
RAM
Used: 56 MB
Free: 2617 MB
Scene vertices: 147k
Sphere (98.3k)

We did try starting with a new, blank object, & Export still crashes, even though there’s no geometry in the empty new part, so large file size doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Thank you,
-Jason

I guess then only Stephane can help. You could try to upload the NOM file here (directly from the Project folder), if that works, then someone could check the file.

Thanks again, Holger.

I found 2 .NOM files in my daughter’s Project folder.

Are you able to tell our export problem is within the model files?

Thank you!
-Jason

Narwhal!.nom (4.0 MB)
project thing.nom (2.7 MB)

For me, the export of the files works without problems. I don’t know why the app crashes with you. Maybe someone else has an idea.

Thanks again, Holger. I see you’re on an iOS device. I’m on Android. Perhaps that’s relevant.

In any case, I was able to manually hook up the Android tablet to my Windows 11 PC, browse to the folder w/ the .NOM files, e-mail them to my daughter’s teacher, & he was able to open them up & send them to his printer.

It’s a little awkward, but it’s an acceptable solution.

Thanks again,
-Jason