A few suggestions

Definitely in need of a Frame Selected/Frame All, as I start to work with multiple layers.

EDIT: Ok, i see that under the Camera menu, if i double tap on the mesh the camera will pan and focus on the selected point. It’d be useful to map this to the f key, and center on the mesh.

EDIT 2: Actually, i now see that the bottom option works. Double tap on the background will center on the selected mesh. This actually works well. It’s just hidden in the menus. I know you’re working in the manual and website.

Would be nice to have the option to dock/keep the layer/Outliner window open.

And a quicker shortcut for Isolate Selected VS having to deep dive to the Layer menu and hide there.

Lots of little GUI issues that start to crop up with daily use, especially when using in conjunction with a keyboard. :slight_smile:

Stephane and I have talked about these over the past few weeks, i just wanted to post here so others can see and chime in.

Yes the double tap is very important.

Actually, i now see that the bottom option works.

I almost thought about adding another “reset camera” shortcut, one with frame all one with frame selected.
But I’ll wait a little bit before making other changes.

Would be nice to have the option to dock/keep the layer/Outliner window open.

Docking is not planned, I’ll probably keep the UI that way for a while otherwise I won’t be able to develop other features :slight_smile:

Note that you can keep the panels opened by disabling “close panel on interaction” in the Interface panel.

Stephane and I have talked about these over the past few weeks

Yup, we also talked about using the word “layer” for 2 different things is still confusing to me :sweat_smile:

1 Like