Web demo opacity hdri reflections

Bug reports

Hello, I was curious about the web demo like every day, superb new interface. I suspect it’s not over but I tell myself that it might help. So for the additive opacity everything works well as long as it is in Matcap. In PBR if we deactivate the environment (with a light activated anyway otherwise we see nothing) we have a normal result i.e. the areas painted in black disappear and the white ones remain but if the environment is on then we have random results. It seems that the opacity values ​​are influenced by the environment, moreover it is impossible to paint a black area reflecting the environment we have while the roughness and the metalness which are taken into account and therefore a reflective surface but transparent. I think it would be nice to have an opacity paint channel independent of the base color.

what’s the link for the web version?

It works as expected, there is no bug.
It doesn’t care about pbr, metalness, roughness, hdr or lights.
It simply takes the final pixels into account.

@Ivan_kocka desktop or Android only (on Mac use Chrome/Firefox or Safari Technology Preview)

https://stephaneginier.com/archive/nomad_demo/

2 Likes

Here’s the link SculptGL - A WebGL sculpting app :+1:t2:

@Dface_Lesh it’s not the right link ahah, SculptGL was my old project. (I pasted the correct link in my previous message)

2 Likes

Ok thanks, So basically we can see the result on rendering if I understood correctly?

I’m not sure how to explain it.
If you switch to opaque, if a pixel is dark it will be transparent. But it’s not the paint color but the final lit color that matters.

1 Like

Ok ok, we’ll see when you publish it on iPad, we’ll have plenty of time to test.

Ow I see :laughing: