Surface area of element

I would love to be able to measure the surface area of my sculpts within the app. I don’t think there is a way to do this currently?

1 Like

Ruler tool. It will measure in Units, apply conversion afterward for imperial or metric.

The ruler just measures a straight line though, not surface area?

Right, I see what you mean now. Apologies. This function isn’t in Nomad. You could calculate the surface area by measuring the radius, niggly extra mathematical step though.

1 Like

I make quite complicated textures such as trees and geology which then need to be reproduced in steel/spray concrete. It’s pretty hard to calculate and errors can be very costly!
Now I have worked out how to measure this with external software but it would be a dream to be able to do a quick mock up in Nomad and get the calcs from that.

2 Likes

Completely understand the context. This enquiry for fine measurements in Nomad has recently come up by another in our community concerning coin production in Nomad. I’m not sure how high up the priority ladder this would be (Additional Nomad features are generally added in by the developer @stephomi on that basis) but hopefully we might see more advancements to the Ruler tool in future builds.

It would be the icing on the already amazing cake.

2 Likes