Spork in the road

If they would just remake this movie, I’d be happy.

6 Likes

:star_struck:
Even though……after seeing Jungle Book I avoided any other remake.
What a dark mess without charme, joy and speed compared to old original.
The vultures, one of my favs from old……forget it. It’s endless complaining from my side.
Crap so to say. Technically amazing crap.
At least from a fan grown up with those uplifting original gems of entertainment. Old Robin Hood and Jungle Book are simply fantastic. With the spirit of long gone time of hand drawn animation.

Can’t say that I’d ever be entirely satisfied with any remake either, especially if they keep trying to go with the extreme realism route of the recent ones. Most of the charm is that it isn’t real. Pulling it back a bit while still keeping the cartoony nature of the original would be a middle ground that I think could work if done correctly. It’s probably one of the few that will never get remade though.

Keeping with the cartoonish sort of style, this one will likely have a few updates. I started doing some of the scales for a T-Rex head. Didn’t have to go all the way down the neck since the shirt covers most of that area. Tried numerous base colors (red, green, and now brownish) for it and still not sure what color he will end up being.

10 Likes

Very cool characters!

Kind of forgot about this guy. Started on him again this morning to finish up all the scales (mostly because I’m impatient and I want to start painting). Still have a lot of stuff to finish in just about every area though before I start on all the jewelry.

Trying to keep it on the lower side so there’s a lot of memory left to add in a bunch of unnecessary things later.

He needed to be painted before the rest of the sculpting could be finished.

11 Likes

Trying my hand at something outside of my usual.

11 Likes

A cool concept well done!

Few more random sculpts from recently.

And the always famous lucky goblin’s foot. Yours for only 99.99 plus S&H. While supplies last.

8 Likes

:slight_smile: I would like order one but with metal gold finish, it’s possible?

@Josepmy I’m certain that with the extra gold that was looted from all the goblins that needed to be humanely put down, there should be enough to gold plate a few of the extras.

Started on this one, but never really finished. Still need to get in all the other snakes and a lot more. Maybe one day I’ll open it back up.

Always thought those Troll dolls were a bit weird looking anyway, but the new redesign just doesn’t seem appropriate for children. I mean seriously, who puts nipples on a kids toy?

7 Likes

Oh please do a folder / tagging type system, gets a bit chaotic with so many elements :slight_smile:

Fun little guy to play around with today.

Not sure why, but I had skin textures on my mind this morning. Finally decided to make my own alpha so I can get a slightly better look to some future sculpts. While the alpha is still extremely rough, I needed a test dummy. When a few others were making Bigfoot, it seemed like it would be fun. Though I wanted him to be a bit more Neanderthal/human like than towards the gorilla end of the spectrum. Since he was so unfinished, he would do just fine. For being a quick first draft, the alpha still didn’t do too badly. Still going to need some tweaks and a bit of getting used to.

Had the older Batman movie on as background noise the other day and I was reminded of how disappointed I was with their Batman demon. It’s a guy they just painted black (including the teeth). Almost anything would have been more appropriate in my opinion. So I made my own. Still tried to keep it within the same Batman silhouette and not go too far. Not great, but still not a basic person with completely black teeth.

15 Likes

You are a star! :vulcan_salute:

His cousin is the leprechaun, he took the easy route and was handed over the family business to be a humble shopkeeper.

Some quick math and this has just over 10,000 “hairs”. That part took forever when you’re placing them in bundles of 10-15.

9 Likes

Looking real good!

How did you do that with the spit? Tube Tool?

Very realistic, congrats.

Thanks guys.

@ToBe I can’t remember. Could have been the tube tool or just a sphere with smooth. Been a while, but either option would be able to do it fairly quickly.

Thought I’d go a bit gory with this next one. Had that horsehair worm parasite on my mind for some reason. Could have added a lot more, but good enough for now.

Couple simple alien heads from tonight.

8 Likes

Playing around with the sss in the web demo. Dragged in some new models and some old ones. Some are a subtle difference, some maybe a bit much, but it’s still fun to play with. Seems like something I’ll be using a lot when the next update hits.

4 Likes

Interesting! Would love to see a side by side exemple of the same character with and without sss. Love your goblin design by the way!

I can’t seem to find the sss setting in the web version, where is it situated?