Sculpting, painting and modifying

It depends on your painting skills. I have to fight for each line, but if you are a natural, painting in Procreate can be much quicker a depending on what you want to do, to be honest.

The big advantage painting in Nomad is symmetry.Time saving. Your geometry needs density for painting details though. Eating memory. Vertex painting means you can color each polygon connecting point you see, when wireframe view is switch on.

The advantage of Procreate is painting on UV. Less memory needed. But no symmetry.

If you are more the line art guy, some matcaps could give you a quick and good result :

If you want more control, this could be a trick for you:

Just in case you would like to save time in doing line art.

It depends which look you want to achieve. If you need details at certain places only, painting with dynamic topology switched on can be an option.

We have comic painter here. @CarlMcRaven I.e. is doing fantastic stuff with Nomad & Procreate.

Yes, Blender is complex. Like any 3D modelling package. There are no really easy ones, but once you are in, it’s more easy with any package. Except zBrush. ZBrush is not made on this planet. Everything is different. Needs time but once mastered it’s a real beast and pricey compared to other stuff. So yes. Nomad is pure joy and very less frustration. If you have precise question, me and others will answer, I am sure. Ah yes, check out my thread “sculpted joy” there are some matcaps and tricks regarding comic look as well.

Ahh if you want to stay on iPad only. PoseIt is a blast to get your poses done. You can even export and import into Nomad, Can make sense, but not always.

1 Like